Well, it’s already started. I’ve been debating this whole time whether to take part in the weekly features/memes, and I just really liked this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, so let’s make it official…
Okay, my first Top Ten Tuesday!! I’m excited. This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, created by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish, is the top ten blogs or websites that are NOT book related. Man, I start on the first one and it’s not book related… But that’s okay because this should still be a fun one and there will be plenty more for me to gush over books… As if that’s not what I do all the time here…
Brittany’s Top Ten Non-Book Related websites:
1. Pinterest – Oh geez, I can’t tell you how many hours I’ve wasted on Pinterest! But it’s such a great place to find some really cool project ideas, wedding ideas, hair ideas, you name it!
2. Shutterfly – I recently got a kickass camera for my birthday (thanks, boyfriend!) and that helped me to start explorting the art of photography a bit more. I’ve been putting up some pictures on a Shutterfly hosted website so I can pretend I’m a real photographer 🙂
3. FreeIndie.com – This is a site where they post a couple of free songs from up-and-coming indie bands/artists. I’ve found a lot of good music on here so far.
4. IMDb – I can’t tell you how many times I’m going to IMDb to look up “Where have I seen that guy?” or “Who’s the guy in that one movie…?” Pretty much constantly checking it and totally abusing the fact that I don’t have to try to searc my brain to come up with these answers!
5. WordReference – I majored in Spanish in college as well as taking a few classes in German, Italian, and French, so WordReference is everything I need it to be! I can look up definitions and translations for specific words, or even type in phrases that come up on the message board that native speakers have translated so that when I use them, I can at least sound like I kind of know what I’m talking about!
6. The Weather Channel – Okay, so this is no profound website or anything, but app as well as website, I always need to know what the weather is before I leave the house!
7. Facebook – Dur, pretty common for most people. I actually don’t use it NEARLY as much as I used to, but I still visit it often enough to keep it in the top 10. I mostly use it to update pictures and I keep it around because that’s how people invite me to a lot of events.
8. 8tracks – Not even intentionally put as #8! You can create your own mixes and share them with other people around the world. You can also listen to other people’s mixes, which I have on many occasions and found some great new songs based on music I like.
9. Netflix – I share a Netflix account with my sister and her husband (okay, so they let me log in as them and I get to watch whatever’s on Netflix instant for free), so I’ve been catching up on some TV shows and watching some movies a lot more frequently as of late.
10. Groupon – I usually don’t find much I use on Groupon, but some of the deals are pretty good! It’s always hit or miss.
Okay, so that’s the end of Top Ten Tuesday. That was actually harder than I thought! Maybe it should have been ALL book-related sites and I could have had an easy top ten. Aside from book-related sites, I guess I don’t cruise the internet very much… I’m ALWAYS checking my email on Yahoo, but I figured that was too easy so I left it out. Ah, so many bookish websites to visit… Thus fueling the flame to my addiction!
Happy Tuesday, everyone!