Okay, so I’m breaking the rule that I made for myself when I said I wasn’t going to make any other posts during my Wild Worlds buzz week. So before I even start, let me plead to you to at least check out what else has been going on this week! It’s seriously been so much fun interviewing these authors and I have been honored that they’ve lent their participation for this big event! So please check out all of the awesome interviews & giveaways that I’ve been posting so far this week!
Also, it just seems so appropriate — almost serendipitous — that this topic pops up during my feature week that I had named “Wild Worlds”!
Without further ado, it’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish!
This week’s theme is: Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings in Books
I don’t really think most of these need explanations so I’m making a nice, concise list (in no particular order…)
- Harry Potter by JK Rowling – Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, etc (I think the movies helped on this a bit too, to be honest!)
- Wither/Fever by Lauren DeStefano
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (even before the movie – but not really Catching Fire or Mockingjay…)
- If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman
- Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
- The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
- The Maze Runner/The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
What are your favorites? Do you agree with any of my top picks??