Here were my original goals for Series Catch-Up 2012 and what I actually accomplished – Looks like my goals were a bit lofty! I actually ended up reading a couple books I borrowed so therefore had to read right away and pass along. Then I had a couple books I really needed to review for the authors before the year was over so there was that as well! That took up quite a bit of time that I hadn’t anticipated. Anyway, here’s what I got accomplished for Series Catch-Up!
- Read Fire (Graceling #2) and Bitterblue (Graceling #3) by Kristin Cashore – Umm…. Nothing to see here. Move along…. (0)
- Read Spirit Bound (VA #5) and Last Sacrifice (#6) by Richelle Mead – Read Spirit Bound! But not Last Sacrifice yet. That’ll have to be 2013 (1)
- Read The Kill Order by James Dashner – Done! SERIES COMPLETE (2)
- Currently reading Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth – Read! (3)
- Read Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie – Started but taking a break – will come back to later (will have to be 2013, and even then I’m not sure if I want to go back to it…..)
- Read Messenger (The Giver #3) by Lois Lowry and maybe Son as well?? – Read Messenger! (4)
Not on my original list, but completed towards the challenge:
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead (review posted as first entry) (5)
- Plum Lucky (Stephanie Plum #13.5) by Janet Evanovich (6)
- Nutcase (Kate Holly #2) (7)
- Books Planned To Read During Challenge: Nine.
- Books Actually Read During Challenge: Seven.
- Number of Series I’m Caught Up On (that have not all been published yet): One (Divergent)
- Number of Series Finished: One (The Maze Runner)
Wow, just seven books and I had originally planned to read so many more! Even still, seven isn’t bad. This challenge definitely did help me catch up on a lot of books that I otherwise wouldn’t have picked up in the past two months.
When I originally created the challenge, I had planned on hosting it every year. Now that I’ve seen a different Series Catch-Up Challenge (coincidentally with the same exact name) pop up for the whole year of 2013 hosted by a different blog, I don’t know that there’s really a purpose for my challenge anymore. I guess I’ll see how I feel next year in October, but as of right now, I’m sad to say that this may have been The Book Addict’s Guide one and only year for SCUC. We shall see!
So tell me! How did you guys fare in the challenge? What series did you finish? What did you catch up on? I hope you all enjoyed it!