Wow, I haven’t written a recap post in forever but I’ve really been meaning to. I usually just forget all about a recap post until the month has long been over so hopefully this will bring it to the front of my mind & it can be something I’ll continue in the future!
- Number of Books Read In July: 12
- Popular Search Terms: “from best friend to boyfriend” (and many various other search terms that lead to the Best-Friend-Turned-Boyfriend-Romance post), “book review of cinderella fairy tale“, “book addiction” (it’s true!),
- More Amusing Search Terms: “is there any sexual scenes in the book anna and the french kiss” (Erm. Easy there!), “who will review my science fiction fantasy book” (I later got an email…), “can’t stand john green” (HEY I never said that! I’m just not a John Green FAN, okay?), “is it better to have boyfriends who were good friends?” (you tell me!), “how to be addicted to being a nerd” (HUZZAH!)
- Most Referrals (Non-Twitter/FB/Wordpress, etc): A Bookish Heart, The Perpetual Page Turner, Alexa Loves Books —- Thank you, ladies!!! xoxo
- It wasn’t even posted this month, but the Best-Friend-Turned-Boyfriend-Romance is STILL getting a huge number of hits! (Thank you, SEOs.)
- I had a discussion about spoilers in posts and asked for advice should I run across unexpected ones!
- Not a big YA reader? No problem! I’ll soon convert you, mwahaha! Here are my best YA recommendations for non-YA readers.
- I made another “Book Addict’s GUIDE” — This one is for all my favorite sci-fi/paranormal/fantasy books!
Other Reviews Posted
Shadow and Bone Novellas + Extras: The Witch of Duva, The Taylor, The Too-Clever Fox
- We finished A CLASH OF KINGS for #SOIFRA and I posted my thoughts.
- Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols seemed to be a popular review this month!
- I finally finished the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead and posted my review for LAST SACRIFICE
- We finished SISTERS IN SANITY for the Gayle Forman Read Along — My overall thoughts & review were posted!
- I reviewed 45 POUNDS (MORE OR LESS) by K.A. Barson, a book I think both adult and YA fans will enjoy!
An Updated Look at my Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 7/11: Amy from Tripping Over Books
- 7/17: Cait from The Hopeful Heroine
- 7/22: Ashley from yAdult Review
- 7/26: Jessie from Jessie Marie Reads
- 7/31: Ellie from Book Revels
Other Features & Discussions
- A (Healthy) Fear of Commitment: I was taking on a LOT of reading projects and realizing that maybe a tiny bit of fear of commitment was helpful!
I had a moving/summer cleaning giveaway to shed some books off of my shelves! (Entries now closed, winners announced)
- We read SISTERS IN SANITY for the Gayle Forman Read Along — Week four wrapped it up!
- I helped Wendy Higgins reveal the cover for her new independently published novel SEE ME, coming in October!
- The Selective Collective featured the lovely K.A. Barson and her novel 45 POUNDS (MORE OR LESS)! I was lucky enough to snag an interview!
- We started IF I STAY for the Gayle Forman Read Along and answered week one’s questions. Are you reading with us?!
- I found another thing to talk about for My Latest Bookish Addiction: Fantasy books! I just had to find the right kind for me…
That wraps up July! Hopefully I’ll be better at doing my monthly wrap-up posts from here on out. What was your favorite post this month? Anything specific you’re looking forward to from me in the next coming weeks/months? Hope to see you around! 🙂