Another month gone. This has honestly been the quickest year of my life!! I do not even exaggerate one bit. Things are just flying by and it’s all been great, but WOW, where has the time gone!? I guess when you’re reading and blogging and taking 80 million trips and planning a wedding, time is bound to fly!
This month I came back from BEA, went to New Jersey for a christening, went to Montana for a wedding, and somehow managed to read books in between literally being out of the state for three weekends in row. (Didn’t wake up in my own bed on a Saturday for nearly a month!) Now that it’s all behind me, I look upon it much fonder! Haha. Montana was a lot of fun but we still prefer Wyoming 😉
- Number of Books Read In May: 16! But 5 of them were novellas haha!
- Popular Search Terms: “which lunar chronicles character are you” and “lunar chronicles quiz” (leads you back to my Lunar Chronicles quiz!) // “the kill order pdf” (shame shame shame!!! Go to the library!) // “bookaddictsguide” (C’est moi!) // “why did mia leave adam in where she went”(Just read it! I promise it’s amazing!!)
- More Amusing Search Terms: “eleanor and park shirt” (If you find one, let me know!) // “online quiz for what luner cronical caricter are you” (well… at least you made it here?) // “cristin bishara” (how…?)
- Most Referrals (non-social media): GReads!, The Perpetual Page Turner, The Broke and the Bookish
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (non-internal/social media): Book Rocky Betty, Books Take You Places, Allodoxophobia
- Surprise, surprise! The Lunar Chronicles Quiz and the Best-Friend-to-Boyfriend-Romance are still my top two posts thanks to search engines!
- I’m guessing with the If I Stay movie coming up, lots of people are excited for the books! Lots of searches resulted in my review for If I Stay and my review for Where She Went!
- I’m guessing the same thing for The Maze Runner! Lots of search hits brought people to my review for The Kill Order (even if it wasn’t the most pleasant one)!
- I also did a recap post of the Chicago leg of the Fierce Reads tour and held a giveaway for a “Fierce Reads Starter Pack”! (giveaway now closed)
Other Reviews Posted
- I really enjoyed Dreams of Gods and Monsters but it wasn’t quiiiite the epic conclusion I hoped for.
- The Rules for Breaking was a great 2nd book in The Rules for Disappearing duology!
- I read The Kiss of Deception and… didn’t love it as much as others did but I’m still looking forward to book two!
- I started re-reading the Grisha Trilogy and posted a re-read review for Shadow and Bone
- I don’t read a lot of middle grade but I really enjoyed The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls
- Just One Night was the sigh of relief that I think Just One Day/Just One Year fans needed!
- I revisited my childhood with a re-read of Walk Two Moons and it still holds ALL of the feelings I remember!
Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 6/6/14: Saru from To Read or Not To Read?
- 6/12/14: Sam from The Nighttime Novelist
- 6/19/14: Betty from Book Rock Betty
- 6/26/14: Charlotte from A Place on the Bookshelf
Other Features & Discussions
- The Selective Collective featured We Were Liars!
- I posted my recap from BEA 2014!
- I had a blast interviewing author Bethany Neal about her debut, MY LAST KISS!
- I had a discussion about looking back on old reviews and how sometimes it’s painful but also helpful too!
- I hosted author April Henry on The Body in the Woods blog tour and she told us what makes a good detective!
- I combined two Top Ten Tuesday topics on 6/17 with my favorite books so far this year and my summer TBR list!
- I shared a rare personal post about gallbladder issues and how I hope things will get better in the future!
- I went to the Fierce Reads tour at Anderson’s Bookshop and had a great time! Always one of my favorite events.
- I shared my favorite and least favorite cover trends on 6/24 for Top Ten Tuesday!
- We featured Landline by Rainbow Rowell with On the Same Page and I just LOVE her characters and relationships!
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR JULY?
- REVIEWS. Oh man, do I need to post some reviews. It’s not even that I need to write them… I just have so many other things to post too that I’m reading faster than I can post, apparently! I think that might be a good thing! 😉 Keep your eyes peeled for some big series enders, hot summer reads, and a few books I should have read a long time ago!
- More of the Summer Showcase feature! I’m loving books that are perfect summer reads… Next up will be cute contemps and heart-wrenchers!
- More discussions. I don’t know why but I’ve been inspired to write a lot of discussions lately! Excited to share those with you!