October 17th – October 31st, 2014
It’s that time again! One of my favorite times of the year… Fall and HALLOWEEN!! October is almost here and that means our annual FORNIGHT OF FRIGHT feature! The past two years, Alyssa (Books Take You Places) and I brought you A FORTNIGHT OF FRIGHT — a two-week long event celebrating everything Halloween and horror-related! This year, we’re hosting it collaboratively under our group On the Same Page which means the lovely Amy from Tripping Over Books will be joining us in hosting as well!
This is our call to all you Halloween-lovers — bloggers, authors, readers, whoever! — to participate in A FORTNIGHT OF FRIGHT this year! We would love for you to join us in this fun celebration of the best holiday of the year! (We’re biased.) Please see the form below if you’d like to participate! If you missed it last year or are looking for some ideas for posts, check out the collection of links below the sign-up form from previous years!
Here’s a bit more about the event:
- A FORNIGHT OF FRIGHT runs from 10/17 – 10/31
- Alyssa, Amy, and I are your hosts for this event so your FORTNIGHT OF FRIGHT post would be posted on one of our blogs as a guest post (this goes for all topics — so even if you did a book review, it would still be a “guest post” on one of our blogs)
- Once we have enough people sign up, we’ll put together the schedule and let you know on whose blog your post will appear and on what date!
- We’re open to pretty much anything Halloween-related! Favorite TV shows, movies, books, candy, facts, celebrations… Book recommendations, book reviews, highlighting a specific movie or TV show… Recipes, Pinterest boards, crafts, how-tos, costume contests, Halloween costumes for book characters… Really, the sky is the limit!
- Sign-ups close Monday 10/6!
ALSO — Another awesome Halloween thing you should know about is ALL HALLOW’S READ. All Hallow’s Read is a project started by Neil Gaiman and instead of giving candy on Halloween, participants give out books! Once again this year, Alyssa, Amy, and I will all be exchanging horror, paranormal, or general Halloween-type feel books for All Hallow’s Read! These books are not only exchanges, but we decided to do it present-style so each one we receive will be a SURPRISE! We’ll be reading and reviewing throughout the month of October so keep an eye out for those Halloween reviews!
If you have any questions about A FORTNIGHT OF FRIGHT, please feel free to email or any one of us! If you’d like to contact me via email or Twitter, my info is in the side bar!
PREVIOUS FORTNIGHT OF FRIGHT POSTS
- Favorite Halloween TV Episodes/Halloween Shows
- Guest Post from Heidi at Bunbury In the Stacks: The Scary-Funny Sweet Spot
- Favorite Villains (B)/Favorite Villains (A)
- Halloween Recipes/Halloween Treats
- Halloween Reads & Scary Books
- Favorite Halloween & Horror movies (B)/Halloween/Horror movies (A)
- Guest post from author Jessica Spotswood
- Halloween Facts
- Haunted Places
- “I’m a Sleepy Hollow Fangirl!”