Whether you call yourself a book worm, book nerd, book geek, book addict, avid reader, or fangirl, one thing is for certain — we all LOVE reading. Reading is GREAT. Books are a way of life. This isn’t just a hobby for us — it’s a lifestyle. From re-reading to binge reads to author events, there are many things we book-lovers do that go above and beyond the normal “casual” reader. How many of these can you identify with?
1. You’ve stayed up all night/way past bedtime to finish reading a book.
2. You actually ended up passing out (and maybe losing your page) because you fell asleep while reading said book.
3. You joined a book club.
4. You’ve pre-ordered books.
5. You’ve pre-ordered books months before they’re available.
6. You’ve pre-ordered books the moment they’re available online to purchase because it’s just necessary.
7. You’ve read a book on its release day because you just couldn’t wait to read it.
8. You’ve started and finished a book in one day.
9. You’ve read more than one book in a day.
10. You’ve cancelled plans just to stay home and read.
11. Your friends and family don’t quite understand that reading actually COUNTS as plans.
12. You have friends that you talk to strictly for book talk.
13. You have multiple book boyfriends and at least one OTP.
14. Your local book store employees recognize you because you’re there so often.
15. Or maybe it’s your local library instead.
16. You have a massive book collection.
17. You’ve had to buy more bookcases to support your book-buying habit.
18. You have book collections that take up entire shelves.
19. You’ve both books in multiple versions/covers just to have them all.
20. You’ve purchased foreign editions of books.
21. And you’ve spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for rare editions or your favorite editions of your favorites.
22. You fan cast your favorite books/series.
23. You’ve spend (way too much time online) on forums to prove or hunt down theories from your favorite series.
24. You have book-related clothing and/or accessories.
25. You spend more time reading than watching TV.
26. You don’t even know what shows are on TV because you’re always reading.
27. You read multiple books at once.
28. And god forbid you have a moment in time when you’re not reading at least one book.
29. You’re always on the hunt for the next great book or series.
30. And when you find a great series, you often read them from start to finish. Quickly.
31. Hogwarts, Middle Earth, Westeros, and Narnia are all real. (But thank god the Capitol isn’t.)
32. You follow your favorite authors on social media…
33. … And freak out when they reply to you!
34. You’ve attended an author signing.
35. You’ve road tripped to an author signing.
36. You’ve taken time off work to go to a book event.
37. You’ve attended a book conference.
38. You actually bought a plane ticket to FLY to a book conference.
39. You’ve started a book blog.
40. You’ve become obsessed with said book blog.
41. You’re the person your friends come to for recommendations.
42. And they borrow books from your own personal library
43. But you constantly worry when they will give your books back and in what condition they’ll be.
44. And you worry whether they’ll enjoy your recommendations.
45. Picking out the perfect recommendation for someone is a labor of love and a work of art.
46. You own all of the movie adaptations of your favorite books.
47. You always try to read the book before seeing the movie.
48. And sometimes you can’t help it when you pick out the tiniest changes from the book that didn’t make the cut.
49. You have a hard time looking past the images from the movie that don’t match up with how you imagined the book.
50. But you’re also just happy that now people are reading some really great series.
51. (As long as they do love them and don’t say anything bad. No book-hating allowed!)