TOP TEN TUESDAY
September 15, 2015
It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s topic was a freebie so I chose Top Ten Favorite Posts from the Past Year
So many Top Ten Tuesdays revolve around specific books and believe me, I love showing off books and categorizing them (it’s one of my favorite things to do) but I wanted to go a step in a different direction and share some of my favorite blog posts from the past year or so! I’ve been having a blast coming up with new ideas for the blog and every once in a while, I like to turn to the blogging side of things too. So in no particular order, here are some of my favorites that I’ve put together!
- Which YA Character Are You? | MBTI Personality Type (9/1/15): Just the other week, I posted this “YA Meets Myers-Briggs” graphic & personality break-down and I had SO much fun with it! I paired up YA characters with one of the sixteen MBTI personality types and created a chart for others to match themselves up with a character based on their personality test results.
- If You Liked… (various dates): I’m grouping my “If You Liked” posts into on bullet point because I’ve done a few of them so far and I can’t pick one favorite! I LOVE making book recommendations and for this series, I select one book and a whole bunch of different recommendations for fans of the book/series. I’m extremely specific about book recommendations so every single one is selected very carefully! Check out the ones I’ve done so far: Harry Potter | Anna and the French Kiss | Divergent | If I Stay | The Fault In Out Stars
- Young Adult Meets… (various dates): This is another one I’m grouping! I’ve also had a ton of fun pairing YA books with other things in pop culture. I had a BLAST meshing them with YA Meets Disney and YA Meets Friends! Send me some ideas for another one to do next!
- 17 Books to Give You a Book Hangover (7/7/15): I got a serious bookhangover after re-reading The Raven Boys so I selected a few more to recommend if you want to drive head first into a book/series with all the feels!
- I Believe in American Hogwarts (6/15/15): JK Rowling confirmed that there IS a school like Hogwarts in America… I made some guesses at where it might be, what it might be like, and how we might get to it!
- 51 Statements Bookworms Can Agree With (5/25/15): Are you a true bookworm? Tell me how many of this 51 bookish statements you can say “YES” to!
- The Stages of Starting a New Book From Your Favorite Author (As Told by Princess Bride Gifs) (5/4/15): This post was soooo much fun to come up with. I outlined the feelings of starting a new book by your favorite author and got a little help expressing my feelings from Buttercup, Westley, and the Princess Bride gang!
- Fierce Reads Tour Fall 2014 (Chicago) (10/14/15): This event was a dream come true. I got to interview some of my favorite authors, meet Marissa Meyer, and I moderated the event! It was absolutely amazing.
- The Book Addict’s “GUIDE” to… (various dates): Another one of my favorite things! More book recommendations but based on a topic. Ones I’ve done this year include a “guide” to Male POVs and one for duologies!
- Statistics Survey 2014 (12/29/14): Andi and I hosted a Statistics Survey for all of the books we read in 2014 and asked everyone to join in! I’m pretty sure we’ll do it again this year so be on the lookout for that towards the end of the year!