If you’re an avid reader and/or blogger, chances are you’ve spent a LOT of time on the social networking and cataloging site for books, Goodreads. Whether you’re updating a status, adding a new book, or interacting with friends, chances are you’ve had a majority of the experiences below!
1. Whew, done with my book! Time to update on Goodreads.
2. Update status. I’m finished!
3. I love that Goodreads is excited that I finished a book. Celebrate! Exclamation point!
4. That was a really good book! Hmm what should I rate it? Five stars?
5. No, four stars.
6. No, five stars.
7. Where’s the damn 4.5 star option!!! Will this ever exist?
8. Fine. I guess I have to round down to four.
9. But if I take a star off that’s saying I didn’t enjoy it AS much when I really did.
10. Okay, 4.5 stars rounding up to five stars.
11. I don’t feel like writing a whole review right now… But I guess I should write SOMETHING.
12. But ughhh I don’t feel like typing it all up now when I’ll go review it later.
13. But if I don’t write something now, I’ll probably forget what the whole damn book was about in 10 minutes.
14. Okay, fine. Just a short few sentences. My friends deserve to know how much I loved it, after all.
15. But really did wish that the author spent a little more time on the character relationships…
16. Okay, round down to four stars.
17. But omg, that world-building! The swoons!
18. Okay, back up to five stars. Aaaand save.
19. Ooh one of my blogger friends just reviewed this book too!
20. WHAT? Two stars? Is she crazy!? This book was phenomenal!
21. I guess she has a good point about the villain. And the romance. And the main character.
22. Okay, back down to four stars.
23. If I just had 4.5 stars, I wouldn’t have changed this at all.
24. But seriously two stars is harsh.
25. She rated ANOTHER favorite 2 stars? Bad reviews of my favorites are so hard to read.
26. Delete friend?
27. No. We’re actually friends. Maybe just remove from top friends.
28. Holy crap, who are all of these people on my friends list?
29. Johnny Q? Who is Johnny Q?
30. Non-fiction, classics, and Westerns? Where did Johnny Q come from? This one is really deleted. He won’t even know I’m gone.
31. Omg, one of my best friends is reading my favorite series!? Where was I when this started?
32. I really wish that author would come out with more books already. I’m DYING here. Let’s see what their page has to say.
33. WHAT. WHAT WHAT. Why is there a new book from my favorite author on Goodreads that I DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT.
34. Thanks a lot for telling me, you guys.
35. I’m going to immediately devour this synopsis.
36. Oh, it’s only a rumored book? It’s not even a real thing? Don’t add these to Goodreads unless we know they’re real, people! I almost had a heart attack.
37. But I do know that book five of that series is coming out in 2017! YES!
38. Why yes, I will totally vote for this on a 2017 Listopia list.
39. Whoa, look at all of these other 2017 books. Is it too early to start drooling over these new fantasies? Because I’m gonna.
40. Oh my godddd pioneer historical fiction? Amy would LOVE this!
41. I totally need to recommend this to my friends. Aaaand send.
42. How annoying is it when random people recommend books? I would never do that.
43. Speaking of which, I think I got a notification for a new book recommendation.
44. Oh no, that was a new group invite.
45. From…. Sherry? Who the heck is Sherry? And why the heck is she inviting me to groups?
46. Sherry is… apparently on my friends list. Who also just rated the book I just finished as two stars!? What the heck is wrong with you Sherry!?
47. Aaaand deleted.
48. Sherry doesn’t know what she’s talking about. THE FEELS. THE ACTION!
49. Okay, that book is totally back to five stars.
50. Oh man. Look at that scary TBR shelf. That’s an insane amount of books that I want to read.
51. I wonder what the actual exchange is here. Even if I read 100 books in a year, I probably at at least two to three hundred more to that list.
52. I have more books on my “to-read” list than I’ve even read in my entire life so far.
53. What if I don’t get to them all?
54. What if I don’t even get to the ones I really NEED to read!?
55. I can’t possible read all of the books on my to-read list if I keep adding new ones.
56. I should really go through and delete some books that I probably won’t read…
57. But what if I DO end up wanting to read them? That’s why they’re on my list, right?
58. Okay, I won’t touch it for now. Too much work anyway.
59. Ooh, check for duplicates. I haven’t done that in a while.
60. Yep, re-read. Yep, re-read. Yep, re-read. Wait, why are there two versions of Heist Society?
61. This is the one I read and this one… is only marked as signed.
62. Why, Goodreads, WHY? If I have it on my shelf already, why don’t you default to that one?
63. This isn’t the first time this has happened.
64. Double and triple check… and delete the stupid one.
65. Speaking of re-reads, I need to do another Harry Potter re-read.
66. I wonder how many times I’ve actually read them. Thanks a lot, teenage me, for not keeping track.
67. I may be a little too obsessed with my stats on Goodreads…
68. Which reminds me, let’s see how my reading challenge for the year is coming along! I’m almost afraid to look.
69. Two books behind?!
70. Maybe I should read some novellas to catch up to my goal…
71. Good thing I have a shelf dedicated to novellas to help me pick! Those crazy shelves come in handy.
72. And now time to speed read my way through two of these babies.
[bctt tweet=”72 Thoughts We’ve All Had While on Goodreads “]