TOP TEN TUESDAY
February 13, 2018
I love a good, cute romance. After binge-reading action-heavy sci-fi novels like the Red Rising series and UNEARTHED and ILLUMINAE, I was ready for some cute contemporary for a bit of a mood change! I’m not a big Valentine’s person but cute romances are always good for any time of the year! Here are some of my favorites!
- ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins | Are you surprised? I hope not! ANNA is one of my all-time favorite contemporary stories and I love how it shows how messy true love can be. Not all great loves start out perfect or easy and it’s still light and cute all at the same time!
- ON THE FENCE by Kasie West | I’m two books behind on Kasie’s current works but ON THE FENCE is still my favorite of hers so far! Her books are light, adorable, swoony, and always have great relationships and support systems.
- ASK AGAIN LATER by Liz Czukas | This was such a cute prom story with a fun twist of a parallel timeline! I loved reading this one and it was so easy to fly through!
- GOING VINTAGE by Lindsey Leavitt | It’s been a long time since I’ve read this book but I love the tone in Lindsey Leavitt’s YA novels! Her characters are so relatable.
- ALSO KNOWN AS by Robin Benway | I love Robin Benway’s books and ALSO KNOWN AS is a little more than just contemporary with an espionage twist! Her other works are a bit more on the serious side so I’m sticking with AKA for today’s list!
- THE SUMMER I BECAME A NERD by Leah Rae Miller | A cheerleader who is secretly nerdy? Yes, please! Swooning over nerdy boys? Of course!
- QUEENS OF GEEK by Jen Wilde | I love the diversity and geekiness in this book. It’s a great example of having some fun romance stories and still getting a great message and excellent content. Cute romances are more than just fluff!
- THE HATING GAME by Sally Thorne | My sole adult recommendation for this list, I adored THE HATING GAME! It’s a great hate-to-love romance, super cute, and the characters are excellent.
- GEEKERELLA by Ashley Poston | Another adorably geeky novel, I loved the inclusion of conventions and the Cinderella retelling twist!
- WANDERLOST by Jen Malone | This book had a very ANNA feel but standing on its own two feet. I loved it!