In an attempt to get back into the blogging swing, I wanted to revisit my monthly recaps but in a much more casual way! Instead of focusing on stats and posts, I’m sharing some of my favorite things about this month, from books to merch to life and everything in between!
I thought it was going to be a small reading month because I took almost two weeks to binge watch Game of Thrones from start to finish, but I actually managed to finish some physical copies on my weekend reads and sneak a few more audiobooks in there!
View this post on Instagram
BOOKS READ (12):
- Caraval (Caraval #1) by Stephanie Garber | 3 stars
- Legendary (Caraval #2) by Stephanie Garber | 2 stars
- Final Girls by Riley Sager | 3.5 stars
- Trust Me, I’m Lying (Trust Me, I’m Lying #1) by Mary Elizabeth Summers | 4 stars
- The Big Kahuna (Fox and O’Hare) by Janet & Peter Evanovich | 3 stars
- The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney| 3.5 stars
- The Diviners (The Diviners #1) by Libba Bray| 3 stars
- These Witches Don’t Burn (These Witches Don’t Burn #1) by Isabel Sterling| 4 stars
- The Last Time I Saw You by Liv Constantine | 3.5 stars
- Girls With Sharp Sticks (Girls With Sharp Sticks #1) by Suzanne Young | 2.5 stars
- Time of Death (A Stillwater General Mystery #1) by Lucy Kerr | 4 stars
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren | 4 stars
APRIL READING STATS
- # BOOKS READ: 12
- # BOOKS DNF: 1 (LAIR OF DREAMS by Libba Bray)
- 5 STARS: 0
- 4.5 STARS: 0
- 4 STARS: 4
- 3.5 STARS: 3
- 3 STARS: 3
- 2.5 STARS: 1
- 2 STARS: 1
- AUDIOBOOK: 11
- ARC: 1
- HARDCOVER: 1 (TIME OF DEATH split between hardcover and audiobook)
I got to meet Jay Kristoff at his event at Anderson’s Bookshop in the beginning of the month! The event was a lot of fun and Jay is such a great person to see at events!! He’s funny but so straight to the point and of course, I love his books!
View this post on Instagram
MOVIES & SHOWS
I started a bullet journal this year in part because I wanted to make my own reading journal but also so I could keep track of TV shows! I realized how much I actually watch while I’m working and when Shane and I sit down to watch things at night so I started keeping track of the shows I’ve been binge watching!
Here’s what I watched in May:
- Game of Thrones (HBO Go): Season 8, episodes 4-6 (series complete)
- Shameless (Netflix): Season 5, episodes 11-12; Season 6, episodes 1-2
- iZombie (Netflix, CW Seed): Seasons 1 – 5 (caught up through current live season)
- The Society (Netflix): Season 1 (caught up through only premiered season so far)
We all have our FEELINGS about Game of Thrones. I really enjoyed every episode but I also really didn’t like the last episode… I think I COULD have been okay with everything if it had been presented differently and it just didn’t work for me the way that everything unraveled. I really did appreciate everything else about the show and it’s still so incredibly stunning!
My new obsession this month was iZombie! I really enjoyed the whole series and I’ve had such a fun time watching it! It’s light, has some dark humor, and really has a great cast of characters!
I also watched The Society this month and it was so interesting! I really wanted some more answers from this season to see what exactly was happening but it has some great things going for it and really great actors! I immediately got hooked on the characters!