In an attempt to get back into the blogging swing, I wanted to revisit my monthly recaps but in a much more casual way! Instead of focusing on stats and posts, I’m sharing some of my favorite things about this month, from books to merch to life and everything in between!
This month was another not good month and not bad month! I had some enjoyable reads but still nothing too stellar, aside from MEMENTO which was just the perfect extra/novella for the Illuminae Files! I didn’t read as much this month because I started read An Ember in the Ashes and those books are longer than my usual audiobook reads, plus I’ve been coming home earlier to work instead of being in the hot shop since the temps have been rising!
View this post on Instagram
BOOKS READ (9):
- The Deceivers (Vale Hall #1) by Kristen Simmons | 3 stars
- The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager | 3.5 stars
- The Tenth Girl by Sara Faring| 3 stars
- Lock Every Door by Riley Sager | 4 stars
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo | 4 stars
- Given to the Sea (Given #1) by Mindy McGinnis | 3 stars
- An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes #1) by Sabaa Tahir | 4 stars
- A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes #2) by Sabaa Tahir | 4 stars
- Memento (The Illuminae Files #0.5) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff | 5 stars
JUNE READING STATS
- # BOOKS READ: 9
- # BOOKS DNF: 0
- 5 STARS: 1
- 4.5 STARS: 0
- 4 STARS: 4
- 3.5 STARS: 1
- 3 STARS: 3
- 2.5 STARS: 0
- 2 STARS: 0
- AUDIOBOOK: 7
- ARC: 1
- PROMO BINDING: 1
MOVIES & SHOWS
I started a bullet journal this year in part because I wanted to make my own reading journal but also so I could keep track of TV shows! I realized how much I actually watch while I’m working and when Shane and I sit down to watch things at night so I started keeping track of the shows I’ve been binge watching!
Here’s what I watched in June:
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (Netflix): Season 1, Season 2 (just a couple episodes)
- Dead to Me (Netflix): All of Season 1
- What/If (Netflix): Season 1, episodes 1 – 4
- Stranger Things (Netflix): rewatched seasons 1 & 2
I really, really enjoyed the first season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend but the second season was just not even interesting to me. I didn’t have as much fun with the new story line and the songs also were not as good.
I really enjoyed Dead to Me! It wasn’t what I was expecting but it was a really interesting watch, full of some real grief, twists, and even some humor. What/If is also proving to be interesting. It’s a little weird but there are tons of mysteries and I think we’re going to get some interesting twists too.
And I had to do my rewatch of Stranger Things! I didn’t really intend to but I didn’t know what watch one day so I figured that would be a great thing to rewatch!!