In an attempt to get back into the blogging swing, I wanted to revisit my monthly recaps but in a much more casual way! Instead of focusing on stats and posts, I’m sharing some of my favorite things about this month, from books to merch to life and everything in between!
I hit a bit of a slump in October, trying to find that perfect Halloween/atmospheric read and struck out on kind of a lot of titles. I actually started and stopped three different books, which I don’t know if I’ll count as DNFs quite yet but I certainly didn’t finish them. I may qualify them more as “false starts”. Despite that, I still finished a decent amount of audiobooks!
BOOKS READ (22):
- 🎧 Prodigy by Marie Lu | ⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 Champion by Marie Lu | ⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 Mr. Kiss and Tell by Rob Thomas | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 Only Human by Slyvain Neuvel | ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫
- 🎧 Waiting for Tom Hanks by Kerry Winfrey | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 Fallen by Benedict Jacka | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 🎧 Dark Places by Gillian Flynn | ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 🎧 Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 An Unkindness of Magicians by Kat Howard | ⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 Betrayal In Death by J.D. Robb | ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫 ⠀
- 🎧 Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman | ⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
OCTOBER READING STATS
- # BOOKS READ: 11
- # BOOKS DNF: 3? We’ll see if I count them “officially”.
- 5 STARS: 1
- 4.5 STARS: 0
- 4 STARS: 3
- 3.5 STARS: 2
- 3 STARS: 5
- 2.5 STARS: 0
- 2 STARS: 0
- AUDIOBOOK: 11
MOVIES & SHOWS
I started a bullet journal this year in part because I wanted to make my own reading journal but also so I could keep track of TV shows! I realized how much I actually watch while I’m working and when Shane and I sit down to watch things at night so I started keeping track of the shows I’ve been binge watching!
Here’s what I watched in October:
- Mindhunter (Netflix): finished Seasons 1 & 2, caught up on all released episodes
- Dead Like Me (Hulu): finished Seasons 1 & 2, series complete
- Insatiable (Netflix): finished Seasons 1 & 2, caught up on all released episodes
- Prodigal Son (Fox): Starting watching Season 1, caught up on all released episodes
- Salem (Hulu): didn’t finish episode 1
I wanted some creepy shows this month and I had a few good ones! Insatiable was a funny, dark comedy which sometimes went a little too over the top for me but I still really enjoyed it. I looooved Mindhunter and it ended too quickly! And Dead Like Me was a fun, easy show that still had some darkness to it. I tried watching Salem on Hulu and it was just too weird for me so I don’t think I even finished the first episode.