WINTER IS HERE!!!!
We kicked off the read along with CINDER in August and zipped through SCARLET in September (see the intro & CINDER post here!) and had a blast reading CRESS in October and now… WINTER IS HERE!!!!!!!! I’m sure we’re all diving into WINTER as soon as it hits our doorstep so if you plan on reading it as soon as it comes out or any time throughout November, we’d love to have you join in the very last leg of the #TLCReadAlong and read the book with us!
If this is the first you’re looking into the read along, it’s incredibly simple and totally relaxed! We’re really just reading the books together to have a great time discussing together and do all of these fun posts as well. WINTER is the last leg of the read along and whether you’ve been here from the beginning or are just joining in now, it’s not to late to join in the fun! There’s a lot of fun ideas and extra posts during the WINTER leg and even if you’re not a part of the read along, I’d love to see what you come up with!
Since WINTER is probably one of your most anticipated releases, I’m guessing if you’re joining the read along and you’ve read this far, you’re probably not too concerned about a schedule. Most likely (for me too), it’ll be “savor the book while still reading as fast as you can” and since the book is legit 800+ pages, let’s just say instead of a schedule, just take your time to read WINTER throughout the month of November. (I know when I read QUEEN OF SHADOWS the other month, it took me about two weeks to read 650+ pages so I think readers can sort of pace themselves on this one!)
The schedule is more of a guideline really anyway for those who like to stay on a specific timeline so feel free to start or finish any time during the month of November! The read along is always about reading the books, discussing, and enjoying more than a schedule. I’m just happy you’re here and reading along with us!
BONUS POSTS | These posts are designed to be fun & easy! Choose one or all to post any time during the WINTER read along! (If you need to include any spoilers in these posts, please mark clearly!)
Even if you’re not officially joining the read along and you’re interested in one of these fun post ideas, I’d love to see your Lunar Chronicles-themed posts so just make sure to tag me or use the #TLCReadAlong hashtag when posting and I’ll be sure to share!
- Lunar Chronicles Book Tag (questions posted in October for the CRESS leg but there’s no limit on when this can be posted (I’d love for it to cycle forever!))
- Scattergories (participants choose a letter as their “theme” to pair up things from the book)
- Lunar Chronicles-themed Pinterest board/fan art/memes (You can check out my Pinterest board here! The Lunar Chronicles)
- Favorite couple of the series
- Favorite fairy tale adaptation of the series
- The Lunar Chronicles MASH | Create your own or use the pre-created game below to play! Post your results on Twitter/Instagram with #TLCmash to share or enter it into to your own blog post! (If you have a blog and/or Tumblr, that could be the ideal place to share graphic + text!)
- Series Read Alikes (now that we’ve finished, what to read next)
- Snow White parallels within the book
And don’t forget to update on social media throughout the read along with the hashtag #TLCReadAlong! (No spoilers, please.) If you use the hashtag, you’ll automatically be entered for the swag giveaway at the end! Entries valid for the giveaway must be posted between 11/1/15 and 12/7/15 using the read along hashtag. Winner will be chosen and announced the first week of December.
Thanks for joining in the read along! I can’t wait to hear your updates and most importantly, HAVE FUN! Make sure to use the #TLCReadAlong hashtag or tag me so I can share your awesome updates! I’m so excited to read WINTER together!!!!
Joining in for WINTER? Add your name to the list below to declare your excitement for the read along! (Note: if you have already signed up for CINDER/SCARLET/CRESS, you do not need to add your name again.)