It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish!
This Week’s Topic is: Top Ten Bookish People You Want To Meet (Authors, Bloggers, etc.)
JUST TEN!? You have to be crazy. There are way more people I want to meet than just ten. So I’m going to cheat AGAIN and take 10 bloggers AND 10 authors.
Oh, and let’s have a great big blogger convention/party. Yes?
1-5. My fellow Casting Call bloggers: You haven’t seen our Casting Call feature? Well check it out! Last Friday was the first day and we all picked the actors who we thought should play the characters in The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. I would absolutely love to meet and hang out with all of these awesome ladies because they’re an absolute blast to talk to! (And sorry I grouped you all together)
6-10. Alyssa @ Books Take You Places, Alison @ The Cheap Reader, Elizabeth @ Don’t Take My Books Away, Amy @ Tripping Over Books, Vyki @ On the Shelf: Just so I don’t blab forever, sorry guys, I’m grouping you together too! Some more awesome bloggers who I love following and/or who have shown me a lot of support with my blog as well! I think (hope) we’d get along pretty great!
1. JK Rowling: Duh.
2. Wendy Higgins: I absolutely loved Sweet Evil (as you all know) and Wendy is so sweet! She’s one of the authors who always responds when I tweet her or comment on her blog or her Goodreads page. Thanks, Wendy! You’re an absolute delight.
3. Meg Cabot: Oh, Meg. I love you. Not to be creepy or anything… If Ms Meg Cabot is anything like the personalities in her novels, I don’t see how meeting her could be anything short of a blast!
4. Janet Evanovich: Same with JE. I’d love to meet the mind behind Stephanie Plum! Easily one of my favorite series – I think it would be great to meet Janet!
5. Lauren DeStefano: I loved Wither and Fever and I always see Lauren’s tweets, blog posts, Instagram photos. She just seems like a really fun person, totally care-free.
6. Richelle Mead: Don’t take this the wrong way, but since I just got done with Shadow Kiss, I want to meet Richelle Mead just to shake and say “WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME!?!?” Seriously. The endings of these books positively kill me!
7. Lauren Oliver: I would love to meet Lauren Oliver! She writes such beautiful books and they’ve been some of my favorites.
8. Gayle Forman: Same as above! 🙂
9. Stephenie Meyer: Yes, I do still love Twilight.
10. Suzanne Collins: And yes, I LOVE The Hunger Games.
Shout outs to authors I’ve already met (if only briefly): Anna Banks (I love her! She’s SO much fun), Leigh Bardugo (same – Leigh is a riot!), Jennifer Bosworth, Emmy Laybourne, Dan Krokos, Veronia Roth, Susan Dennard (is so sweet too) – and looking forward to more authors signings coming up!