It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish!
This Week’s Topic is: Top Ten Series I Haven’t Finished (because either you didn’t like them, you just have procrastinated, etc.)
Yes! Okay, this is a great topic. Let’s talk about this – And once again, I’m cheating. Separated by reasons I haven’t finished:
I haven’t finished this series because… I love it and I’m stretching it out:
1. The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich: I actually only started this series recently – during the great Groundhog’s Day blizzard in Chicago in 2011 – and I own the whole series (except for the one that JUST came out (because I own them all in paperback and I have to wait to buy that one so they’ll all be the same)) but I’m afraid once I catch up, it’ll leave a whole in my heart and then I’ll have to wait for more Stephanie, or God forbid the day when the series ends for good! Nope. I’m spacing them out. I think #14 is up next.
2. The In Death series by J.D. Robb: Okay, so there are TONS of books in this series. I have no idea how many by now, but I know it’s over 20, maybe even over 30? I’ve liked each and every one (some more than others), but I’m spacing them out in between my other reads because I’m in no hurry to catch up! The books are in the future so it’ll never be outdated 🙂
3. The Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampires series by Charlaine Harris: Just taking my time! I’m actually kind of reading them as the TV series comes out, unintentionally. It doesn’t really matter either way because it’s not like they’re even related anymore!
I haven’t finished this series because… I’m waiting for the rest to be published… ANXIOUSLY:
1. The Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver: Holy cow. After Pandemonium, I do NOT want to wait for Requiem to come out! But… Of course, I have to! I was in awe from Delirium and the ending of Pandemonium really just leads us right into the last book of the series.
2. The Chemical Garden trilogy by Lauren DeStefano: I’m not AS anxiously waiting for Sever, but I am still very excited for it! I really loved Wither and although Fever was a little less than what I’d hoped, I’m really looking forward to the last book to come out!
3. The Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth: Okay, so I haven’t read Insurgent yet… But I can still anticipate the third book, right?
I haven’t finished this series because… I’m behind the times and I just started it!
1. The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead: I just finished book 3 (Shadow Kiss) and I am QUITE loving this series! I’m trying to catch up on it because I’m so wrapped up in it!!
2. The Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness: Just finished the FIRST book in this series and it was so interesting!! I’ve heard that the second book is the best out of the three so I’m really excited to pick it up.
3. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare: I’ve only read book 1 so far and was mildly disappointed with it. I think I expected a lot more, but now that the world is established, I’m really hoping the story line will pick up in the following books.
4. The Maze Runner series by James Dashner: I’m actually reading the third book right now and I’ll get around to the prequel sometime eventually!
I haven’t finished this series because… I lost interest…
1. The Hannah Swensen mysteries by Joanne Fluke: I think I stopped on book 7 or 8 when the love triangle from book 1 STILL hadn’t resolved even a little bit. No progress at all. And I heard that it still doesn’t go anywhere in the rest of the books that are published. Sadly, I just couldn’t take it anymore.
2. The Jane Kelly mysteries by Nancy Bush: I accidentally read these out of order and read the second one first and the first one second (confused yet?). I actually really ended up liking the second book and so I grabbed the first to catch up and was just totally bored! I decided not to continue on.
3. The Wollie Shelley mystery series by Harley Jane Kozak: The first book was super cute and fun, but the second was just totally unrelated and not as interesting. I gave up on it fairly quickly since I had a growing pile of TBRs!
I haven’t finished this series because… I just didn’t care for the first book…
1. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: Due to popular demand, I MAY try this one again, but I was in no good place to read it the first time around. We’ll see if maybe my opinion will change the second time around.
2. Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden: I don’t know why but this book just never really got going for me. I felt kind of lost throughout the whole thing and the exciting parts just weren’t that exciting. I was a little disappointed!
Okay, that’s WAY more than 10. So…. oops?