Hooray!!!! I’ve been blogging for 6 months now. I’m starting to feel like a real and legit blogger! And I guess that makes this my 6 month blogoversary…
Here’s a look back at what’s been going on for the past six months:
- The Book Addict’s Guide was established 4/10/12 with a terribly boring first post welcoming you to my blog. Ah, the beginning.
- In the past 6 months: I’ve had over 10,000 views, 180 followers, and almost 200 posts.
Posts and Views:
- Most viewed posts: Sweet Evil blog tour, interview, and giveaway! , Interview with Lisa M Stasse, Author of The Forsaken, Breathe by Sarah Crossan Giveaway! (Well, I guess my Wild Worlds week really did do wonders for my blog!)
- Most viewed posts that were NOT from Wild Worlds: Are Books Back? (Or how Harry Potter led to accidental thievery), Top Ten Tuesday – August 28, 2012, Casting Call  – Divergent
- How did you get here: WordPress, Search Engines, Twitter, The Broke and the Bookish, Goodreads
- Where did I lead you?: The Book Addict’s Guide Giveaways page, Goodreads, Twitter, The Grown-Up YA, YA Crush, Gone Pecan
- Top Commenters: Vyki @ On the Shelf, Candice @ The Grown-Up YA, Kelsey @ Kelsey’s Cluttered Bookshelf, Lucy @ The Reading Date, Quinn @ Quinn’s Book Nook, Alyssa @ Books Take You Places
Thanks so much to all of my readers and followers for making my blog a success!!! It’s been an amazing 6 months and I’ve loved every minute of it!
And now, for the good stuff. How about some giveaways?
First up: The “I’m cleaning off my bookshelves” prize pack
These are all of the used books I’ve had on my shelves that I’ve either read or haven’t gotten around to. It’s time to clean up those shelves so the 6 month blogoversary is the perfect time to do that! Instead of selling them to the local bookstore, I’m putting them up for a giveaway in case any blogger is interested in them! There are a lot of chick lit titles, a couple mysteries, and a whopping two YA titles (sorry they’re not more interesting or popular titles!) but if those are your thing, these are free books!
- Fishbowl by Sarah Mlynowski
- Mr. Maybe by Jane Green
- Let’s Meet on Platform Nine by Carole Matthews
- Singletini by Amanda Trimble
- The Man I Should Have Married by Pamela Redmon Satran
- I Did (But I Wouldn’t Now) by Cara Lockwood
- The Rock Star in Seat 3A by Jill Kargman
- Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger
- Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger
- Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) by Richelle Mead
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
- Death in a Wine Dark Sea (6/12 ARC copy) by Lisa King
- 1st to Die by James Patterson
- Conspiracy In Death by J.D. Robb
Since I know not a lot of these are terribly popular, let’s do this: If you win, choose up to FIVE titles listed. I will then contact the runner-up with any titles that are left over to see if they’re interested, and if there are still a lot after that, the third person will get a shot at the giveaway with what’s left after that. Anything after that I’ll update until all the titles are gone or no one else is interested and then they go to the used book store! Sounds complicated, but don’t worry, I’ll take care of all the work.
Other rules: Must be 13 years or older to enter, US entries only please! I’m shipping a big box o’ books.
Enter to win books from my shelf here: a Rafflecopter giveaway
The second giveaway is a little swag package! This include: various bookmarks (both signed and unsigned), Skylark card/tattoo/button, Struck tattoos, book cards, Something Strange and Deadly swag. Picture below. US entries, only please. Enter to win swag package here: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Then the last giveaway is to pick from one of my favorite reads since I’ve been blogging. The choice is yours! If you’re the winner, pick from any of the books featureed below. I’ll have it shipped from The Book Depository and since they have free international shipping, yep, you guessed it – This one is an International Contest!
Enter to win book of your choice here: a Rafflecopter giveaway
A big thanks again to all of my followers, visitors, and commenters! You have no idea how much fun I’ve had with my blog the past 6 months and I’m so happy to have met so many great bloggers through this process. It’s been a great 6 months and I look forward to many more!
What’s coming up at The Book Addict’s Guide:
October 10-31: Something Strange and Deadly read along (not too late to sign up! Prizes for the participants!)
October 17-31: A Fortnight of Fright hosted by the Book Addict’s Guide and Books Take You Places
UPDATE 10/19: Congratuations to the three winners of the giveaway!!
Marissa (no blog listed) as the winner of the “Cleaning Off my Shelves” giveaway (I will announced a second winner to see if they want any of the books that are left over once Marissa makes her choices)
Katie from Inkk Reviews as the winner of the swag giveaway
Elizabeth from Don’t Take My Books Away as the winner of the “Favorite Reads” giveaway! She chose Where She Went as her book of choice.