It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish!
This Week’s Topic is: Top Ten Bookish Goals For 2013
TOP TEN GOALS FOR 2013
1. Read more books that I OWN. Seriously. I have way too many books on my shelf that need to be read before I start checking books out of the library or buying more.
2. Read more of my ebooks. I’ve actually been doing a little bit better with ebooks towards the end of 2012, but that’s been mainly Netgalley books since that was already something I needed to work on. What I really need to do is to work on the books that I actually bought and never read because I forget that they’re on my Kindle!
3. Comment more on people’s blogs. I’ve been going in spurts of commenting and not commenting. There are just some days I get lazy and don’t visit a lot of blogs and on those days, I really just need to suck it up and at least say hi to some of the people who have been showing me so much support!
4. Work on obtaining my own domain and switching to a self-hosted WordPress blog. I’ve been thinking about “taking the next step” for a while now. I always find myself looking to customize my layout more and I’d really like my own URL and ditch the ‘wordpress’ part. Friends who have done this – Any advice?? Because for real. Help?
5. Keep track of quotes better. I keep forgetting to keep track of quotes when I read!!! I guess it’s a good thing and a bad thing – A good thing that I’m just so engrossed in the books that I forget to keep track but a bad thing because I do want to!
6. Become more “professional”. In April I will hit that blessed one year mark. I’m hoping to really start to develop my blog as one that publishers will want to work with. Slowly but surely, I’d like to make contacts and start to get my name out there a little more.
7. GO TO BEA. IT’S GOING TO HAPPEN.
8. Keep up with my challenges for 2013. I kept it simple – Goodreads 2013, Debut Author Challenge 2013 (hosted by Hobbitsies), 2013 YA Contemporary Romance Challenge (hosted by Katie’s Book Blog). I tend to spread myself too thin on a LOT of things because I just get so excited so I took on some challenges in which I can easily reach my goals.
I guess eight is kind of it for now! I’m trying not to overextend myself since I’m taking on so many different things. I still have to read for my blog, Selective Collective, and I’m now contributing to I Love YA Fiction as a guest blogger! It’s going to be a busy year!!
Footnote of shameless promotion: I’m also working on getting people together for a Chicago Suburb branch of the Forever Young Adult book club!! We’ve got a nice turn out so far, but always looking for more friends to get together and discuss books. Please send me an email if you’re in the area and you’re interested!!!