No, seriously, you guys. Where did September go? I honestly feel like this month FLEW by! (Although I say that every month, right?)
September was another SUPER busy month. I never imagined that moving and owning a house would seriously take up so much more of my time but I just have NOT had the time to read that I usually do! I’m still scrambling to catch up BUT it looks like I’m getting a little closer every day.(Except for the fact that I’m still behind on my GR challenge. Oh well. Whatever at this point haha!)
- More and more and more home improvements! We haven’t really done much but it’s taking up a lot of time!
- I GOT CUSTOM MADE BOOKSHELVES. I’m sure many of you saw them on Instagram and Twitter, but here’s a bigger picture for you… I will also be hosting a giveaway in celebration of the bookcase because, well, I need to give some books away and what better reason!!!
- Number of Books Read In August: 9. Getting better but still behind on my challenge! Hopefully October will be catch-up month.
- Popular Search Terms: “monument 14 sky on fire” || “laura buzo” || “best friend romance books”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “how to make romantic love story books for boyfriend” || “i love the 5th wave” (me too!!) || “leg in a bear trap” + movie” (I actually know which post this led them to!) || “can you make money on goodreads”
- Most Referrals (Non-Twitter/FB/Wordpress, etc): Bloggiesta, The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say “Shhh“, The Broke and the Bookish, Jenna Does Books
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (Non-Goodreads/Internal Links, etc): Book.Blog.Bake., Literary Lushes, The Cheap Reader
- My Bloggiesta Mini-Challenge and Goodreads information galore post How To Make Goodreads Work For You
- The Best-Friend-Turned-Boyfriend-Romance aaaaagain (Thank you, SEOs!)
- Top Ten Tuesday September 24th — Best Sequels!
- My Latest Bookish Addiction in which I’m kind of digging male POVs lately!
Other Reviews Posted
I read the audiobook for The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
- I posted my review for my re-read of If I Stay by Gayle Forman and for Where She Went
- We finished A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin for the Song of Ice and Fire read along and I posted my review! That book was madness galore.
- I reviewed a mash-up of Bram Stoker and Sherlock Holmes all rolled into YA with The Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason
- I talked about Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein and gave you a sneak peek at a new blogger feature!
An Updated Look at my Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
9/5/13: Amy from Amy’s Booket List
9/12/13: Christina from Allodoxophobia
9/20/13: Jac from For Life, Love and Books
- 9/26/13: Stormy from Book.Blog.Bake.
Other Features & Discussions
- Top Ten Tuesday on September 3rd talked about Required Reading and Books I Enjoyed in High School
- We continued and completed the Gayle Forman/Where She Went Read Along
- I did Jamie‘s Bookish Senior Superlatives survey
- I talked about two new bookish addictions! Male Point of Views and Bookish Tote Bags!
- Sept 10th’s Top Ten Tuesday ranted and raved about books I want to see turned into movies!
- I hosted a Bloggiesta mini-challenge all about Goodreads, Goodreads secrets, and how to use it to help you get organized!
- I’m psyched for a ton of fall new releases as noted on 9/17’s TTT!
- The Selective Collective featured FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell and I made a bookish TBR list for the main character, Cath!
- I was on the Antigoddess blog tour and hosted Kendare Blake for a guest post!
- I had my first attempt at fan art and I combined two fandoms into one: Game of Thrones Sigils for The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR OCTOBER?
- Alyssa (Books Take You Places) and I are putting together our second annual Fortnight of Fright! Check out our intro/sign-up post if you’re interested in participating!
- Look for more “Three’s Company” feedback? What’s Three’s Company? Check out my review for Rose Under Fire — it’s all explained there!
- I’m going to TRY to get back on top of my ARC reading schedule. I’ve fallen so far behind that I haven’t been able to keep up with it, but hopefully October will start to straighten out!
- The Gayle Forman read along continues with JUST ONE YEAR!!! I will be hosting the read along for Just One Year in just a couple weeks right here on my blog! I really hope you’ll sign up!
That wraps up September! It was still pretty busy but I have high hopes of finishing some things and getting back on track in October!