Another year, another birthday! But despite the fact that I’m getting older (ahhh!) I’m always the kind of person who loves their birthday so why not revel in a day that’s all about you and celebrate!
I was going to share some of my favorite posts from the past year, but going through them… There are just so many!! Rather than inundate you with a list of posts you may or may not have already seen, I figured I’ll just share my top five moments from the past year instead of ALL of my favorites!
5. Creating infographics, quizzes + more! Some of my favorite posts on The Book Addict’s Guide have been the ones involving infographics. I had the idea to come up with a “guide” for different genres as well as infographics for a few surveys! Also, I created a “personality quiz” for fun based on The Lunar Chronicles series! [Seriously Social Survey + Infographic] || [How To Make Goodreads Work For YOU + Infographic] || [The Book Addict’s GUIDE to paranormal, sci-fi & fantasy] || [The Book Addict’s GUIDE to contemporary] || [Quiz: Which Lunar Chronicles Character Are You?]
4. Visiting Alyssa and Amy in New York: Just this past January, I flew out to New York to visit with two of my besties, Alyssa from Books Take You Places and Amy from Tripping Over Books! Ummm, we somehow failed to take a picture of the three of us together, but it was a fantastic weekend full of books, shopping, food, fun, TV shows, and planning our feature, On the Same Page!
3. Starting the Book and a Beverage feature: I have had so much fun with this blogger spotlight feature and I’m still FLOORED with how many responses I’ve had to sign up to be featured! The feature is still well-booked through September, but hey, there are always still spots open! I love being able to feature bloggers each week and I’m so flattered with the number of bloggers who have signed up! You guys are the best! <3 [Book and a Beverage]
2. Being the “featured blogger” on the Fierce Reads tour: I was so, so incredibly excited for the fall Fierce Reads tour and then I got the invitation from Macmillan to be the “featured blogger” at the event. I got to interview all four authors (who were absolutely delightful and hilarious), live tweet the event, and giveaway a stack of all of the Fierce Reads books, not to mention getting my own signed as well! It was so much fun and definitely an honor to be able to do that! It was hands down one of my favorite events of the year. [Fierce Reads Chicago 2013 Recap Post]
1. Attending BEA for the first time: BEA truly is a book-lover’s dream. It was heaven to be able to meet and greet authors, get books signed, bring home stacks and stacks of ARCs and physical copies, and especially meet other bloggers. I got to meet so many bloggers for the first time in person and it just felt like I was getting together with all of my best friends in one place. I’m already registered for BEA 2014 and I cannot WAIT! [BEA 2013 Recap Post]
If you participated in the birthday giveaway last year, GOOD NEWS! It’s the same again this year!The giveaway is simple: The winner gets to pick ANY book that I’ve reviewed so far on my blog and I will send the winner a physical copy (granted the physical copy exists and it’s not ebook only). All YOU need to do is leave a comment on the review of the book you’d like to win letting me know that’s your choice (and maybe a leave a little meaningful comment about the review as well? :))! Need help figuring out which books you can choose from and where to find those reviews? Here’s the index of every review I’ve written on The Book Addict’s Guide so far!
INDEX OF REVIEWS
Okay, so here are the details:
- This contest is US and International! If you are an international winner, your book will be shipped directly from The Book Depository. If you’re a US winner, the book will come direct from Amazon UNLESS the very fantastic Anderson’s Bookshop has a signed copy (I’ll look for one) in which case I will purchase & ship myself 🙂
- You will have from today, 3/11 until next week 3/18 to enter and to let me know which book you’d like to win! Since other reviews will be popping up throughout the week, please limit your choices to reviews posted before this week.
- Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter and don’t forget to leave a comment on the review for the book you’d like to win!
And that’s it! Not too hard, right? Right! Check out the Rafflecopter form below for entry and extra entires too!!! If you have any questions, let me know!