Ummm, did March even happen? No, really. I think this flew by even quicker than February which I don’t know how that’s possible!
March was busy but with lots of good things and I sort of ended up staying at a fairly consistent pace as far as reading goes! My birthday was on the 11th and like usual, my besties TOTALLY spoiled me! Amy got me a May book for all of my wedding details and these awesome copies of The Lunar Chronicles in Spanish! Alyssa got me a pre-order of Dreams of Gods and Monsters (OMG!!!) and a lovely ring holder and the Catching Fire DVD! YAYYY!!
Wedding planning updates! We officially have a DJ and are meeting with a photography company next week, both recommendations from my sister (thank GOD for her and her wedding knowledge)! Things are coming along slowly but surely and I feel like I’m constantly getting overwhelmed but that’s because I’ve become such a hermit and spend all my time reading so I rarely want to make plans or do anything haha! I spend so much time at work and then running errands and cleaning and now wedding planning — those precious moments of down time are not to be wasted! It is really fun seeing it start to come together, though, and I’m planning on doing a lot of DIY things which really DOES take more effort and time, but I like being able to do things myself not only to save money but because I like to do it myself as well as not having to arrange things with other people. I think it adds an extra touch of “personal” and I really take pride in being able to make some of my own decorations and Save the Dates and things like that. It will take time, but should be fun and rewarding to see my hard work come to life!
- Number of Books Read In March: 12! Yayyy that’s awesome! I’m finally starting to get back into my regular swing of things!
- Popular Search Terms: “what lunar chronicles character are you” and “lunar chronicles quiz” (leads you back to my Lunar Chronicles quiz!) || “best friend romance books” || “book addicts” (that’s me!)
- More Amusing Search Terms: “ken eason bostick” (I don’t even know….) || “the book of broken heartsthe book of broken heartsthe book of broken hearts” (excited, huh?!) || “my best friend’s an addict” (sorry to hear that…)
- Most Referrals (non-social media): The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh, The Perpetual Page Turner, Teen Lit Rocks
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (non-internal/social media): Allodoxophobia, The Mile Long Bookshelf, Forever Literary
- Surprise, surprise! The Lunar Chronicles Quiz and the Best-Friend-to-Boyfriend-Romance are still my top two posts thanks to search engines!
- My birthday was in March and I had a birthday giveaway for any book I’ve reviewed! (Giveaway now closed, winner announced)
- I wrote up my BEA pointers for people who are first-timers! I was a first-timer last year and I shared everything I learned from my personal experiences as a BEA newbie!
- My review for CRESS is still getting a lot of hits too!
Other Reviews Posted
- I enjoyed The Rule of Three by Eric Walters but had some minor issues that turned out to be disappointing ones
- I did a mini-review for my audio re-read of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban!
- I really wanted to love Moth and Spark by Anne Leonard but just had an unusually tough time with this debut adult fantasy.
- I had a batch of mini-reviews for some novellas! The Little Android, Bridge of Snow, and Warm Up — novellas for The Lunar Chronicles, The Winner’s Curse, and Vicious!
- I listened to the audio for Starters by Lissa Price and really enjoyed it!
- I read Vicious by V.E. Schwab with my On the Same Page gals and loved it!
- I reviewed The Winner’s Curse as a part of the Selective Collective monthly feature!
- My first Stephanie Plum book in a LONG time: Fearless Fourteen
Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 3/6/14: Emma from Mab is Mab
- 3/13/14: Emily from Forever Literary
- 3/20/14: Amber from The Mile Long Bookshelf
- 3/27/14: Lauren from Books, Tea and Me
Other Features & Discussions
- I had a heart-to-heart with Estelle which ended up in me lowering my reading goal so as to not stress myself out! Check out my thoughts on reading pressure + more in my Book Therapy Session!
- I did Top Ten Tuesday on March 18th, sharing my top ten books on my spring TBR list!
- I had a new installment of My Latest Bookish Addiction gushing over audiobooks!
- March 25th’s Top Ten Tuesday brought you my bookish bucket list!
- On the Same Page read The Lies of Locke Lamora this month and I shared my love for books/movies/TV shows with a large ensemble or “gang-like” cast in a post I titled “The Gang’s All Here“!
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR APRIL?
- I created a survey all about REVIEW HABITS: Reading them, writing them, likes & dislikes — I need YOUR HELP to gather up info!! If you’d like to take the survey (pretty please!) I would love your assistance! Here’s the link –> SURVEY: REVIEWS! If you’re interested in more diverse results and you’re motivated to share, that would also be AWESOME <3 Any help is appreciated!
- We’re reading Fairy Tales for Wilde Girls with On the Same Page and I’m so excited to get started!
- The Selective Collective will be features The Chapel Wars by Lindsey Leavitt!
- Reviews for This Song Will Save Your Life, Love Letters to the Dead, Second Star, The Distance Between Us and more!
- MY BLOGOVERSARY! My 2nd blogoversary is finally here! Be sure to check back on April 10th! I’ll be hosting a massive giveaway!