Title: Gilded Ashes
Author: Rosamund Hodge
Completed: April 7, 2014
Source: Purchased via GooglePlay
Genre: Fantasy (YA)
Related Posts: Cruel Beauty
WHAT I LIKED
It was an interesting and really creative take on Cinderella! I liked how it tied into the Cruel Beauty world. It definitely felt like it really fit with CRUEL BEAUTY and how things overlapped.
- I was never quite sure exactly how the story would wrap up! It really kept me guessing.
- I loved Anax. And you know what, I really liked Maia too. I enjoyed their time together as well as how it all ended up happening.
- Ignifex! So interesting to see him again. Loved how it came back into play.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE
- The ending…? It was kind of a toss-up for me. I liked it but at the same time, I don’t know if I did. Everything tied up but it wasn’t the ending I expected.
- Guys……. I just don’t think I’m a fan of the Cruel Beauty world. This novella definitely had the same feel to it but that helped me realize that it wasn’t necessarily the characters that I didn’t connect with. I think it might have been the world. I guess that will really make me reconsider whether I want to read the rest of this series when it comes out.
Have you read Gilded Ashes? How did you feel about the Cinderella retelling take on the story? Did you feel like it fit in well with the Cruel Beauty universe?