I can’t believe how fast this year is going. August was a really good month in some ways (my best friend got married, another close friend got engaged, more wedding planning) and very stressful in others (new sump pump & hot water heater after a flooded basement, more wedding planning), but really it was all good and here I am one step closer to my own wedding coming up! Just madness. My wallet has taken a beating so I’ve been on a book buying ban and I’ve been doing SO many things that I’ve barely had time to finish any books this month either. It’s been a bit of a slow patch for reading and blogging but hey. Sometimes life just happens! Anyway… Let’s go back and recap what happened on the blog!
- Number of Books Read In August: 6. Ouch. It’s been a really busy month and I honestly haven’t even finished a book in two weeks. I’ve just been doing ALL THE THINGS and poor reading has taken a hit!
- Popular Search Terms: “where she went ending” // “meant to be book” // “where she went read online” and “if I stay read online” (Sorry, guys. Nope.) // “why did mia leave adam in where she went”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “do you have to read stephanie perkins book in a specific order” (Hm… I guess you don’t really HAVE to. But you really, really should!) // “angry pics of girls” (Ummm. Okay? I know this led them to the Confessions of an Angry Girl post though haha) // “ichabod crane tom mison” (score!)
- Most Referrals (non-social media): Rather Be Reading, GReads!, The Perpetual Page Turner
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (non-internal/social media): Books Take You Places, Allodoxophobia, The Grown-Up YA
- Thanks to Pinterest, my infographics/reading guides were some of my top hits this month! All three (Guide to Crossover Books, Guide to Contemporary, and Guide to Paranormal/Fantasy/Science-Fiction) were very popular in August!
- Also with the IF I STAY movie coming out, my reviews for If I Stay and Where She Went got a lot of hits too!
- Top Ten Tuesday from 8/19 was pretty popular with books my friends tell me I NEED to read!
Other Reviews Posted
- The Truth About Alice was a really interesting read for me! I’m so glad I read it.
- I finished The Vault of Dreamers in a day… But some things were just off for me.
- I’m so glad I listened to advice and read The Assassin’s Blade/Throne of Glass novellas before Throne of Glass! I really, really enjoyed them!
- Dangerous Boys released this month and I LOVE what Abigail Haas does with her books!
- I started off so well with Mortal Danger… but about halfway through it just fell flat for me.
- I re-read Anna and the French Kiss and it gave me even MORE feels than the first time!!
- My review for Throne of Glass went up as well! So glad I gave this series another try.
- Books in verse don’t normally appeal to me but I really liked Kiss of Broken Glass and its message.
Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 8/7/14: Anne from Lovely Literature
- 8/14/14: Michelle from Roaring Out
- 8/21/14: Lindsey from Bring My Books
- 8/28/14: Allie from Little Birdie Books
Other Features & Discussions
- I was on the blog tour for the #IslaIsComing read along and I shared some of my favorite ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS quotes in graphic form!
- On the 5th, I did Top Ten Tuesday, sharing the books I’d recommend to people wanting to try mysteries!
- Sometimes balancing my blogging life and my personal life isn’t easy… and even how I act around other book people in person!
- The first post in a new feature, Showcase Showdown featured novellas. I pitted a couple against each other for recommendations on which ones are worth the read and the money!
- Abigail Haas’ new book Dangerous Boys released this month & I shared some teasers!
- My turn on the book and beer feature Pub Date again! I shared “Back-to-School” selections for books & beer.
- I LOVE giving reading recommendations… so I started a featurette for the big book-to-movie adaptations coming out (and that have already been out) this year! Check out my recs for what to read after The Fault in Our Stars and If I Stay!
- I did a promotion for Claire Legrand’s novella Summerfall (accompanies Winterspell, coming out in Sept!)
- The Selective Collective featured A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall & I created a playlist for Gabe & Lea!
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR SEPTEMBER?
- I’m going to TRY to keep reading my September ARCs… I fell WAY behind with all of the wedding planning I had to do in August and I have a feeling that may be the case for September… But whatever I can do, I can do!
- Because of my inability to finish books this month, we’re going to try to do TWO posts for On the Same Page in Sept! Burial Rites & the Goose Girl, here we come!
- The Selective Collective will actually be taking a little hiatus… A lot of us have quite a bit going on in our lives right now but we’ll keep you informed about future books & posts!
- I’m catching up on LOTS of reviews in September! Other than that… I’m picking posts as I go along haha! It’s so busy right now, but I’m squeezing in what I can 🙂