TOP TEN TUESDAY
June 30, 2015
It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s topic was a freebie so I chose:
Top Ten Books I’ve Read in 2015 (So Far)
2015 has been a good reading year for me so far! One thing I really wanted to attempt this year was to pick up books I really wanted to read no matter when their pub date was (either way out there or backlist) and I also wanted to attempt being much pickier in my requests and what books I kept on my TBR. I think it’ s been working out really well so far because inevitably I’ve had some DNFs but it’s not a large amount and I’ve really been avoiding two to three star books. The majority of my reads have been four stars and some five with very few three-stars and surprisingly only one two-star book (though I usually end up DNFing before I get to two stars).
Here are my top ten books so far:
- The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss: I’ll group these two together because they’re the same series and I read them nearly back-to-back. I absolutely fell in love with this fantasy series from Patrick Rothfuss… and now I understand people’s hardships of waiting for book three!
- Steelheart, Mitosis, and Firefight by Brandon Sanderson: Again, part of the same series, so into a group they go! I loved Sanderson’s Mistborn series and absolutely fell in love with his YA novels about superheroes who are actually the villains.
- Harmonic and Resonance by Erica O’Rourke: I LOVED Dissonance when it came out last year and quickly dove into the novella and sequel this spring! These books are just so much fun and the science is so cool. Add in some fantastic characters and I was just falling in love all over the place.
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: I knew this book was going to be special before I started it but it just hit me in the feels and totally broke me.
- The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace: This fantasy just felt so refreshing and new. I loved the characters, shipped some of them REALLY HARD, and can’t wait to get more of this world!
- Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway: This book was really something special. There are some amazing relationships in here (and many different kinds) plus all kinds of feels. Feels galore, friends.
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman: It’s hard to explain but this book just felt like “home”. It was a new book to me but I totally felt like this writing style was where I was meant to be!
- The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch: This is the third book in the series and things are REALLY starting to go down! It wasn’t my favorite of the series so far but that’s like saying I have a least favorite Harry Potter book (*cough*Chamber of Secrets*cough*). They’re all amazing.
- The 4.5 star books: I had a lot of 4.5 star reads too that didn’t quite get rounded up to five stars! Six of Crows, I’ll Meet You There, My Life Next Door, and Devoted were some that floated between 4.25 – 4.5 stars!
- Re-reads: I’ve been doing a lot of re-reads of my favorite books too! Of course I will always give five stars to Anna and the French Kiss, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and Cinder.