NO REALLY where did June go!?! I was honestly on Twitter, seeing people saying things about how they loved monthly recaps and I was like, “Oh that’s nice but it’s not even time yet…” NOPE, it was July 1st. June flew by even quicker than previous months and I feel like I did a whole lot of nothing… But I guess the reading wasn’t so bad!
- Number of Books Read: 7 — For some reason I had a hard time reading print this month! I just got REALLY into audiobooks and naturally, those take more time!
- Popular Search Terms: “books like divergent” and “books like if I stay” // “brandon sanderson hero of ages” // “otsp secret sister” // “lunar chronicles quiz”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “books mentioned in boy meets world” (no, but let’s hear the answer to that!) // “young adult books inspired by disney movies” (Yes!) // “blog niches for book addicts” // and something else super raunchy that I didn’t even want to list it. How did THAT lead to my blog!? Eeeeek.
- Most Referrals (non-social media): Perpetual Page Turner, Rather Be Reading, Andi’s ABCs
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (non-internal/social media): Books Take You Places, Andi’s ABCs, Tripping Over Books
- The most popular post this month was my reading recommendation list for those who liked Divergent!
- As usual, my guide to crossover books and Best-Friend-Turned-Boyfriend Romance posts are still in the tops!
- My most popular post actually posted this month (*wink*) was about my guesses for what the American equivalent of Hogwarts might be like!
Other Reviews Posted
- I read all of A.C. Gaughen’s books in one fell swoop and did a series review for SCARLET, LADY THIEF, AND LION HEART!
- I got to be a part of the blog tour for Sophie Kinsella’s debut in YA, FINDING AUDREY
- I did a re-read of CINDER by Marissa Meyer and shared some feelings on it!
- Months later (oops?) I finally reviewed LOOP by Karen Akins
- I loved DISSONANCE and eagerly picked up the egalley of RESONANCE by Erica O’Rourke!
- Patrick Rothfuss is king. I LOVE the Kingkiller Chronicle and became even more obsessed with THE WISE MAN’S FEAR!
- MY LIFE NEXT DOOR wasn’t how I thought it would be… but that wasn’t a bad thing!
Goodreads Reading Progress
Featured on Book and a Beverage
- 6/4/15: Anne from Books, Baking, and Blogging
- 6/11/15: Carlisa from Confessions of Carlisa
- 6/18/15: Stephanie from My Bookish Itinerary
- 6/25/15: Author Jessica Spotswood
Other Features & Discussions
- I had another “bookish addition” post all about my obsession with Instagram!
- I posted a recap of my time at BEA 2015
- Author Alexa Hillyer stopped by with a guest post for the PROOF OF FOREVER blog tour
- I shared some Peter Pan retellings with the On the Same Page post this month about PETER AND THE STARCATCHERS
- This month’s Pub Date was All-American in honor of the 4th of July!
- I got to be a part of a Huntley Fitzpatrick promo for THE BOY MOST LIKELY TO and selected a superlative for my blog!
- A FRIENDS book tag? Oh yes!
- June 30th’s Top Ten Tuesday had me sharing my favorite reads of 2015 so far!
- I went to the Boldly Bookish tour! Thanks to Bloomsbury for inviting me to hang out with the authors beforehand and for bringing a fantastic group of ladies to town!
June’s Top Instagrams
What’s in store for July?
- A bunch more authors will be featured on Book and a Beverage!
- The third round of On the Same Page Secret Sister is open for sign-ups on 7/12! Be sure to check out our FAQ page + all the info you could need before sign-ups open!
- Some… umm… reviews? I don’t really have many plans for July!!! Ernest Cline is coming to Naperville so I may go to that event!