October 17th – October 31st, 2015
Wow. We are back here for a FOURTH year for Fortnight of Fright and I can hardly believe it!! It’s that time again! One of my favorite times of the year… Fall and HALLOWEEN!! October is almost here and that means our annual FORTNIGHT OF FRIGHT feature is nigh! I am SO excited to be hosting this event again with Alyssa (Books Take You Places) and Amy (Tripping Over Books)!
For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about (hello, and welcome!) Fortnight of Fright is a time in which we host and share different posts related to fall and Halloween! We work with you guys and some amazing authors to showcase some creepy books, interviews, movies, and SO MUCH MORE! There is no limit on what you can post about! Do you have a signature Halloween or Autumn cocktail recipe? Pinterest board filled with DIY decorations? A book recommendation for those of us who love to be scared? We want it all!! JOIN US!! As always, the more the merrier, so scroll on down to our Google Doc and sign up to help us out! Also don’t forget about All Hallow’s Read and the giving of books in lieu of candy!
Here’s a bit more about the event:
- A FORTNIGHT OF FRIGHT runs from 10/17 – 10/31
- Alyssa, Amy, and I are your hosts for this event so your FORTNIGHT OF FRIGHT post would be posted on one of our blogs as a guest post (this goes for all topics — so even if you did a book review, it would still be a “guest post” on one of our blogs)
- Once we have enough people sign up, we’ll put together the schedule and let you know on whose blog your post will appear and on what date!
- We’re open to pretty much anything Halloween-related! Favorite TV shows, movies, books, candy, facts, celebrations… Book recommendations, book reviews, highlighting a specific movie or TV show… Recipes, Pinterest boards, crafts, how-tos, costume contests, Halloween costumes for book characters… Really, the sky is the limit! NOTE: Your post should be original content, not something previously posted.
- Sign ups will be open from 9/9 – 9/20 and you will be notified the following week to confirm your post topic, and so on. We are going to ask that all posts get to us the week of 10/12 as we will be hosting you during the event which runs from 10/19 – 10/31! As always, the more the merrier, so scroll on down to our Google Doc and sign up to help us out!
Wondering what we had going on from years past? Check it out:
PREVIOUS FORTNIGHT OF FRIGHT POSTS
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffin Recipe (Author Jessica Spotswood)
- Favorite Halloween TV Episodes
- Favorite Villains
- Guest Post from Author Bethany Griffin
- Haunted Walk (Kelsey from Kelsey’s Cluttered Bookshelf)
- Hocus Pocus (Morgan from Gone With the Words)
- Halloween Bookmark Craft (Kat from Perusing Bookshelves)
- I’m a Sleepy Hollow Fangirl!
- Book Recommendations + Quiz (Caroline from The Attic)