One thing I’ve noticed throughout my years of blogging is that old posts tend to be forgotten about once the week has come and gone. Some of my absolute favorite blog posts have been written months ago — or even years ago — and with the fast-paced nature of social media, it’s easy for posts to be missed, overlooked, or plain forgotten.
I used to do a monthly recap but it was sort of a lot of information at all once and to be perfectly honest, it was quite exhausting to put together! In its place, I thought a Throwback Thursday concept would be fun to highlight what happened this week in previous years! It’s a quick and easy way to share old memories (something I always love doing) as well as posts I’ve loved in the past and sharing them with audiences new and old.
- I Believe in American Hogwarts: Right when we were starting to get news about the Fantastic Beasts movie, we heard there was an American version of Hogwarts. Naturally, I started hypothesizing over what it would be like!
- 10 Things I Felt About This Book: Cinder by Marissa Meyer: I started re-reading The Lunar Chronicles in anticipation for WINTER and I kicked it off with some re-read thoughts on CINDER!
- 10 Things I Felt About This Book: Loop by Karin Akins: This was the first “10 Things” post I did to start a more informal book review. For some reason I was having the hardest time coming up with words to say about LOOP even though it was awesome so I decided to take a different approach!
- Review: The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson: Okay, this makes me feel bad. I read this book two years ago and STILL haven’t read the second book. Maybe I’ll just binge #2 and #3!
- Review: My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal: MY LAST KISS was interesting and fun! It was a combination of mystery, paranormal, and contemporary all in one and it totally worked together.
- Review: Sky on Fire (Monument 14 #2) by Emmy Laybourne: I read this book after BEA and it was such a quick read! The series was highly fast-paced and action-packed.
- Book and a Beverage: Alyssa from Books Take You Places: My BFF was on Book and a Beverage shortly after I had first started it (hey, friend!)
- Fierce Reads Tour Recap (June 14, 2012): I went to my FIRST EVER author event with Leigh Bardugo (for her debut!), Anna Banks, Emmy Laybourne, and Jennifer Bosworth.
Photos of DISSONANCE by Erica O’Rourke for a #bookstagram challenge!
My weekly recap for this week last year with acquired, read, and currently reading.