In an attempt to get back into the blogging swing, I wanted to revisit my monthly recaps but in a much more casual way! Instead of focusing on stats and posts, I’m sharing some of my favorite things about this month, from books to merch to life and everything in between!
November was another weird month! I thought I read a lot less than I did but it turns out I still managed to read 13 books! I had some really great reads to start and then things turned a little middle-of-the-road.
I’m also desperately trying to get some reviews back here on the blog, only managing to really post twice in the last month. I’m reading review copies and other books I own but it’s so hard to find the time to post reviews since even the ones where I already have a review up on Goodreads still take about 20 minutes to format. Hopefully the holidays will help with that since I’ll be taking a nice break from work and I can start to get those going again!
BOOKS READ (13):
- 🎧 The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️(re-read) ⠀
- 🎧 The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫 ⠀
- 🎧 Scythe by Neal Shusterman | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (re-read) ⠀
- 🎧 Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman | ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫 ⠀
- 🎧 The Toll by Neal Shusterman | ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫⠀
- 🎧 The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman | ⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 Twisted Twenty-Six by Janet Evanovich | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren | ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫 ⠀
- 🎧 An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 Supernova by Marissa Meyer | ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫⠀
- 🎧 The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams | ⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⠀
NOVEMBER READING STATS
- # BOOKS READ: 13
- # BOOKS DNF: none
- 5 STARS: 1
- 4.5 STARS: 2
- 4 STARS: 5
- 3.5 STARS: 4
- 3 STARS: 1
- 2.5 STARS: 0
- 2 STARS: 0
- AUDIOBOOK: 13
MOVIES & SHOWS
I started a bullet journal this year in part because I wanted to make my own reading journal but also so I could keep track of TV shows! I realized how much I actually watch while I’m working and when Shane and I sit down to watch things at night so I started keeping track of the shows I’ve been binge watching!
Here’s what I watched in November:
- Ozark (Netflix): Finished Seasons 1 & 2, caught up on series
- Daybreak (Netflix): Finished Season 1, caught up on series
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (Netflix): Finished Season 2 from months before, watched all of Season 3, and somehow paused on the last episode of Season 4 but I’m finishing it now!
Shane and I watched Ozark and it was so messed up but so good! I absolutely looooved Daybreak and it was such a fun show! I liked the take on the zombie concept and the characters were just so much fun, full of some great twists too. And I finally caught up on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend! I thought I hated the second season but I just hated a couple of the songs and left it for a couple months…. oops! The show wasn’t the greatest after the first season but it was still enjoyable through the end!