Oh, hi there! Need a good recommendation? One of my favorite things about writing reviews for my blog is the very end where I scour my previous reviews and carefully (VERY carefully) select two books to recommend based on how the book read and of course, what genre it is. It’s something that I really have a lot of fun with sooooo I was thinking (and who are we kidding, I was on Pinterest too) and I stumbled upon some infographics, which for some reason I totally love in the nerdiest way possible. I wanted to create something like that about books but let’s face it… I don’t wouldn’t really know where to start as far as info goes but I CAN make graphics.
After my Book Addict’s GUIDE to contemporary romance was such a huge hit, I knew I had to follow through with my plans to make a new “guide” for other genres. I started with just straight paranormal, but I kept mixing in some sci-fi, some fantasy, and the genres sort of melded together into a blurred mess. Instead of fighting it, I figured why not combine them into one giant guide! You can still choose your own adventure here based on what each book contains!
Start here! My “guide” to contemp actually took a little while, but I was so excited to make my paranormal/sci-fi/fantasy one that I sort of just flew through it and I just couldn’t wait to share! So, without further ado, welcome to the second Book Addict’s GUIDE! (Get it?! …. Har har.)
Here’s a list of the books mentioned! All links will take you to my reviews (books that I haven’t reviewed on my blog will take you to the Goodreads page).
1. Unremembered (Unremembered #1) – Jessica Brody
2. The 5th Wave – Rick Yancey
3. Ready Player One – Ernest Cline
4. The Madman’s Daughter (The Madman’s Daughter #1) – Megan Shepherd
5. Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) – Jessica Spotswood
6. Shadow and Bone (Grisha Trilogy #1) – Leigh Bardugo
7. Let the Sky Fall (Sky Fall #1) – Shannon Messenger
8. The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) – Maggie Steifvater
9. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) – Marissa Meyer
10. The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds #1) – Alexandra Bracken
11. Before I Fall – Lauren Oliver
12. Just Like Fate – Cat Winters & Suzanne Young
13. Time Between Us – Tamara Ireland Stone
14. Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1) – Kasie West
15. Paper Valentine – Brenna Yovanoff
16. The Body Finder (The Body Finder #1) – Kimberly Derting
17. Life After Theft – Aprilynne Pike
18. Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1) – Richelle Mead
19. Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1) – Richelle Mead
20. Twilight (Twilight #1) – Stephenie Meyer
21. Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly #1) – Susan Dennard
22. Reboot (Reboot #1) – Amy Tintera
23. Sweet Evil (Sweet Trilogy #1) – Wendy Higgins
24. Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1) – Laini Taylor
25. City of Bones (Mortal Instruments #1) – Cassandra Clare
26. Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath #1) – Anne Greenwood Brown
27. Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon #1) – Anna Banks
28. Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) – Robin LaFevers
29. Graceling (Graceling Realm #1) – Kristin Cashore
30. Prophecy (The Dragon King Chronicles #1) – Ellen Oh
31. The Scorpio Races – Maggie Steifvater
32. Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2) – Leigh Bardugo
33. Tiger Lily – Jodi Lynn Anderson
34. Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) – Marissa Meyer
35. The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars #1) – Frank Beddor
In the mood for even more recommendations? Check out these other posts!
- If You Liked… If I Stay: For fans of IF I STAY, here are a few hand-picked selections of books you should read next!
- If You Liked… The Fault in Our Stars: With so many great YA adaptations hitting the big screen, I wanted to make a lovely graphic of suggestions for people who have enjoyed them! This one kicks off the series with recs for THE FAULT IN OUR STARS fans!
- The Book Addict’s “GUIDE” to “Crossover” Books: Know adult readers who want to get into YA? Or YA readers who want to pick up new adult reads? Check out this guide to “crossover” books!
- The Book Addict’s GUIDE to contemporary: First of many to come! I created a road map/choose your own adventure-style guide to YA contemporary romances. If you’re looking for a good contemp read, start here!