Oh, October. You came and went so quickly too. I think I did a LITTLE better this month in terms of reading, but it was still sooooo busy. Still working on lots of things around the house and lots of things taking up my reading time — Not in a bad way, but I surely miss it!
- Number of Books Read In August: 13! The past two months have been so hard for me to catch up but I managed to read thirteen books this month! YAY!
- Popular Search Terms: “cinderella charles perrault” || “the testing joelle charbonneau summary” || “book addicts guide”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “why is holmes such an ironic character” || “gif tumblr best friends”|| “alyssa asti” (HEY, I know them!!!!) || “can’t get turned on by boyfriend” (Sounds like a personal problem…?
- Most Referrals (Non-Twitter/FB/Wordpress, etc): Jessica Spotswood’s website (in case you missed it, she stopped by for A Fortnight of Fright!), The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh, Teen Lit Rocks
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (Non-Goodreads/Internal Links, etc): The Grown-Up YA, Gone Pecan, Books Take You Places
- I had a giveaway in honor of my new bookcases! (giveaway now closed, winners announced)
- On October 22nd, Top Ten Tuesday showed off our favorite character names!
- Apparently, people were digging my review for Beauty Queens from August. Cool!
- You guys LOVE Asti and she was here for Book and a Beverage!
Other Reviews Posted
- I re-read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on audio!
- I was so excited to read the newest book in the Heather Wells series, The Bride Wore Size 12!
- My review for Antigoddess by Kendare Blake was posted earlier this month
- The Boy on the Porch by Sharon Creech was a quick and beautiful read
- I re-read Just One Day for the Gayle Forman Read Along
- I read my ARC of Hereafter that I got signed by Kate Brian at BEA!
Alyssa bought me This Dark Endeavor for All Hallow’s Read!
An Updated Look at my Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 10/3/13: Wendy from Book Scents
10/10/13: Shae from Shae Has Left the Room
10/17/13: Asti from A Bookish Heart
10/25/13: Justine from Paperback Heart
- 10/31/13: Ashley from Wholly Books
Other Features & Discussions
- I gave you a spoiler-free Cress teaser and fangirled about The Lunar Chronicles in my Latest Bookish Addiction!
- We kept on truckin’ in the Gayle Forman read along with Just One Day
- I talked about the best and worst series enders on October 8th’s Top Ten Tuesday
- I showed off my new bookcases and hosted a giveaway in their honor!
- I kicked of my leg of the Gayle Forman read along with Just One Year and then some more questions and answers!
- I got to be on the ALTERED blog tour and Gennifer Albin showed us a deleted scene from the book!
- I told you my favorite Halloween reads on October 29th’s Top Ten Tuesday
- If you’re joining us for the #SOIFRA read along, here’s the reading schedule for A DANCE WITH DRAGONS!
FORTNIGHT OF FRIGHT!
- We got some scary book recommendations from fellow bloggers!
- Celine from Nyx Book Reviews reviewed Salem’s Lot by Stephen King
- Pamela from Reading is Fun Again reviewed The Haunting of Hill House
- Author JESSICA SPOTSWOOD stopped by to share a favorite recipe and tell us her favorite witches!
- I told you how much I am LOVING Fox’s Sleepy Hollow
- April from The Steadfast reader told us all about Stephen King
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR NOVEMBER?
- I’m doing #NaNoWriMo again this year and hopefully not stressing myself out! My goal is just to GET to 50k for my WIP but that’s also including all of the words I’ve written in September and October too. Hopefully I’ll still have time to read and blog AND write! Phew!
- I’m going to the Fierce Reads tour on Monday, November 4th and yours truly is the the featured blogger at the event! That means that I’ll be interviewing the authors, hosting a giveaway for ALL of their Fierce Reads featured books (that’s a total of NINE books), and I’ll be live tweeting the event if you can’t make it! Keep your eyes peeled for that! 🙂
- We’re planning another Three’s Company read! Book TBD, but I’m excited to have another buddy read with Alyssa and Amy!
That wraps up October! Once again, the month flew by quickly. I was afraid I was still behind on my Goodreads challenge but I JUST pulled ahead at the very end. Hopefully I’ll catch up even more in November!