I took 2014 by storm and tried to do as much reading as I could right off the bat! I don’t think I did too terribly… Lots of things already happening in January so let’s go go go with the recap!
- Number of Books Read In January: 12. That’s pretty good!!!
- Popular Search Terms: “lunar chronicles quizzes” || “book addicts guide” || “best friend romance books”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “bigde hi kabthe funny emotion” (I just… what did this person even find on my blog?) || “why isn’t goodreads annual stats correct” (Problems!)|| “into the still blue swoon” (INDEED)
- Most Referrals (Non-Twitter/FB/Wordpress, etc): The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh, A Bookish Heart, The Perpetual Page Turner
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (Non-Goodreads/Internal Links, etc): Stay Bookish, The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh, Tripping Over Books
- I noticed some celebrity look-alikes on YA covers!
- Even a month later, people were still having fun with my Lunar Chronicles personality quiz!
- I shared my personal roomie story with you in conjunction with a giveaway from Little, Brown for ROOMIES!
- I’ve been having issues with slow starts in books.
Other Reviews Posted
- I reviewed BEING SLOANE JACOBS, the new contemp from Lauren Morrill!
- GOING ROGUE by Robin Benway easily became a favorite. Loving everything from her!
- At first I wasn’t sure about reading INDEPENDENT STUDY but I’m really glad I did!
- I reviewed the HOGWARTS LIBRARY books that Amy got me for Christmas!
- Finally caught up with A Song of Ice and Fire after reading A DANCE WITH DRAGONS
- I finally finished The Giver Quartet, but my review of SON didn’t end well…
- NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE YOU was an interesting read!
Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 1/2/14: Heather from Turning Pages
- 1/9/14: Caroline from The Attic
- 1/16/14: Angie from Angela’s Anxious Life
- 1/23/14: Hazel from Stay Bookish
- 1/30/14: Tara from The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh
Authors featured on Book and a Beverage
Other Features & Discussions
- On January 1st, I shared my reading resolutions with you!
- I shared some GOING ROGUE bonus content and had a little giveaway in honor of its release date!
- I gave you my reading wishlist on January 21st’s Top Ten Tuesday
- The Selective Collective featured BEING SLOANE JACOBS this month and we had a great time discussing it!
- Top Ten Tuesday on 1/28 featured places I’d never want to live! (And almost all of them were dystopian worlds!)
- Alyssa, Amy and I debuted our new feature On the Same Page featuring Laini Taylor’s DAYS OF BLOOD AND STARLIGHT!
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR FEBRUARY?
- I’m working on a survey right now that I dubbed the Seriously Social Survey! I’ll be using the data for a future post on blogging + social media so I’m asking bloggers to take the survey to help with the data collection 😀
- Reviews coming up for Days of Blood and Starlight, Night of Cake and Puppets, Cruel Beauty, Ask Again Later and more!
- Catch me on the blog tours for NIL by Lynne Matson and UNFORGOTTEN by Jessica Brody!
That wraps up January! I can’t believe how quickly this year is flying by. A month of 2014 is already over! I’ve already been making great progress with my reading goals of taking it easy and just catching up on my ARCs and currently-owned books. Looking forward to more in February!