Recommendations for YA books with a male POV
I know that with my wedding coming up, taking on a time consuming project such as making a new guide/infographic is probably the last thing I should do… But lately feeling like I have so much to do has made me feel like I need to be productive and somehow reading just wasn’t do that for me so I took on a blog project instead! I have a ton of fun sharing my recommendations and making these graphics so a new “guide” seemed like the perfect project for a time like this!
I almost forgot that I wanted to make a “guide” to male POVs. I’ve actually touched on the topic a couple times on my blog with the Top Ten Tuesday topic “Top Ten Books I’d Recommend to Male Readers” as well as picking it for My Latest Bookish Addiction, but I thought it was time to finally put it into a nice, formal graphic for easy viewing!
Without further ado, here are my favorite YA books from a male POV (and then some)!
- The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider // Review
- Something Like Normal by Trish Doller // Review
- Fault Line by Christa Desir // Review
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman // Review
- Just One Year by Gayle Forman // Review
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green // Review
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling // Review
- The Giver by Lois Lowry // Amazon
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner // Amazon
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky // Amazon
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman // Review
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline // Review
- Insignia by S.J. Kincaid // Review
- Undercurrent by Paul Blackwell // Review
- The Rule of Three by Eric Waters // Review
- Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne // Review
- How to Lead a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller // Review
- White Cat by Holly Black // Review
- Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown // Review
- This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel // Review
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman // Review
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness // Review
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi // Review
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor // Review
- Nil by Lynne Matson // Review
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks // Review
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey // Review
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater // Review
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski // Review
- Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger // Review
- Legend by Marie Lu // Review
- Althea & Oliver by Cristina Moracho // Review
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell // Review
- Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg // Review
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry // Review
- The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay // Review
- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu // Review
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas // Review
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson // Review
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater // Review
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch // Review
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson // Review
- Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead // Review
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin // Review
- Vicious by Victoria Schwab // Review
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern // Review
Looking for more reading recommendations? Here are some more posts to check out!
- The Book Addict’s “GUIDE” to “Crossover” Books: Know adult readers who want to get into YA? Or YA readers who want to pick up new adult reads? Check out this guide to “crossover” books!
- The Book Addict’s GUIDE to paranormal, sci-fi, and fantasy: The second in my series of guides! I hard a hard time separating these three so they all got smushed together.
Infographic: A guide and compilation of paranormal, sci-fi, and fantasy recommendations
- The Book Addict’s GUIDE to contemporary: First of many to come! I created a road map/choose your own adventure-style guide to YA contemporary romances. If you’re looking for a good contemp read, start here!
- If You Liked… If I Stay: For fans of IF I STAY, here are a few hand-picked selections of books you should read next!
- If You Liked… The Fault in Our Stars: With so many great YA adaptations hitting the big screen, I wanted to make a lovely graphic of suggestions for people who have enjoyed them! This one kicks off the series with recs for THE FAULT IN OUR STARS fans!
- If You Liked… Divergent: The “If You Liked” series is back! See which books I recommend for fans of Veronica Roth’s hit series DIVERGENT!