I have loved Friends for a long time now — in fact, I’ve become a little obsessed. It’s hard to believe the show has been off the air for ten years and yet there are still so many diehard fans out there! I’m always watching re-runs and I used to fall asleep to Friends every night. Just recently, my husband (who has always been a Seinfeld fan) has really been getting into the Friends re-runs when we catch them on TV and of course we have the introduction of the show to Netflix (which promptly instigated binge-watches of the entire show amongst many of my friends)!
I had a blast with my Young Adult Meets Disney post (which actually went a little different than this post) and I really just love mashing up books and pop culture. I had the idea to use Friends as the inspiration for another mash-up and after much brainstorming, you’ll see my carefully crafted picks below!
YA BOOKS AS DESCRIBED BY FRIENDS TITLES
- The One at the Beach | Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland: Amazon | Goodreads | Review
- The One in Vegas | The Chapel Wars by Lindsey Leavitt: Amazon | Goodreads | Review
- The One That Could Have Been | Pivot Point by Kasie West: Amazon | Goodreads | Review
- The One With the Truth About London | Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill: Amazon | Goodreads | Review
- The One With the Rumor | #scandal by Sarah Ockler: Amazon | Goodreads | Review
- The One Where Ross Dates a Student | Last Will and Testament by Dahlia Adler(**technically this one is New Adult but it fit too well**): Amazon | Goodreads | Review
- The One With the List | Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt: Amazon | Goodreads | Review
- The One With the Cat | White Cat by Holly Black: Amazon | Goodreads | Review
YA BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FRIENDS
THE ONE WITH THE FANTASY BUZZ
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
FRIEND MOST LIKELY TO ENJOY IT: Ross Gellar
Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
FRIEND MOST LIKELY TO ENJOY IT: Joey Tribbiani
Also Known As by Robin Benway
FRIEND MOST LIKELY TO ENJOY IT: Chandler Bing
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
FRIEND MOST LIKELY TO ENJOY IT: Phoebe Buffay
Just One Day by Gayle Forman
FRIEND MOST LIKELY TO ENJOY IT: Rachel Green
On the Fence by Kasie West
FRIEND MOST LIKELY TO ENJOY IT: Monica Gellar
So what do YOU think? Which YA books would you match up with Friends episode titles? What books would you recommend for the Friends? And aren’t you sort of craving a Friends YA retelling?!Love YA? Love FRIENDS? What if you combine the two? Check out Young Adult Meets Friends at @bookaddictguide! Click To Tweet
Liked this post? Check out some similar posts below!
- Young Adult Meets Disney: Mashing up young adult books and Disney movies with book recommendations for the Disney fan
- The Book Addict’s “GUIDE” to Crossover books: Providing recommendations for YA readers who want to read adult and adults who are just getting into YA.