TOP TEN TUESDAY
January 26, 2016
It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s topic was a freebie and I chose to share ten places/settings mentioned in books that I’ve also visited!
- ARUBA | Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas: We went to Aruba for our honeymoon! Thankfully did not visit the jail…
- THE SEARS TOWER | When Joss Met Matt by Ellie Cahill: If you’re from Chicago, you will NEVER call it the Willis Tower.
- NAPERVILLE, IL | Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan: My husband lived in Naperville, my aunt currently lives there, and I’ve spent loooots of time there throughout my life!
- BOSTON, MA | The Rules for 50/50 Chances by Kate McGovern: I had only passed through Boston before but spent some quality time there last month thanks to ALA!
- LAS VEGAS, NV | The Chapel Wars by Lindsey Leavitt: Took my first and only trip to Vegas so far when I was 23. I really want to go back! It’ll be a totally different experience now.
- HISTORICAL REENACTMENT VILLAGE | Past Perfect by Leila Sales: Okay, so the one in the book was fictional, but it reminded me of when I visited Colonial Williamsburg when I was a kid!
- ROCKY MOUNTAINS, CO | The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler: The Book of Broken Hearts also featured a fictional town but the characters traveled through the Rockies in Colorado.
- DEVIL’S LAKE, WI | Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone: I was stunned to hear mention of Devil’s Lake in Time Between Us! It’s my mom’s favorite spot on Earth.
- INDIANAPOLIS, IN | The Fault In Our Stars by John Green: I’ve passed through and been to Indianapolis a few times!
- WASHINGTON, D.C. | The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: I haven’t been to DC since I was in 8th grade and I’m really dying to go back as an adul!
Which books feature places that you’ve been to? Any take place in your hometown/favorite vacation spot?? It’s so much fun to identify with places in books!!