Welcome to the blog tour for
THE SQUARE ROOT OF SUMMER by Harriet Reuter Hapgood!
I love this fun twist on a blog tour! In celebration of the release of THE SQUARE ROOT OF SUMMER, I’m on the massive blog tour with a time capsule-themed post! The lovely folks at Macmillan asked us to answer some questions about ourselves back in March and then to answer them again in May to see how much we’ve changed just over the past few months and of course I was up for the challenge!
Before we jump into the tour, let’s take a second to check out some details about the book:
Title: The Square Root of Summer
by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
Publishing Info: May 3, 2016 by Macmillan
Genres: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Time Travel
Find it on the web: Buy from Amazon // GoodreadsDate Completed: April 12, 2016
Gottie H. Oppenheimer is losing time. Literally. When the fabric of the universe around her seaside town begins to fray, she's hurtled through wormholes to her past:
To last summer, when her grandfather Grey died. To the afternoon she fell in love with Jason, who wouldn't even hold her hand at the funeral. To the day her best friend Thomas moved away and left her behind with a scar on her hand and a black hole in her memory.
Although Grey is still gone, Jason and Thomas are back, and Gottie's past, present, and future are about to collide—and someone's heart is about to be broken.
“THIS IS WHO I AM NOW”
As I answered these questions, I realized exactly how boring/unchanging of a person I am! I like to keep things fairly steady so my answers didn’t really change much from February until May in the same calendar year. I tried to come up with something a little different for each question but some things just don’t change! 🙂
What Brings You The Most Joy In Life?
- Feb/March 2016: My husband, reading/blogging, connecting with friends, traveling
- May 2016: All of the above plus making candles, quiet moments, completing projects
What Are You Reading?
- Feb/March 2016: I just finished The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye and I’m in the middle of the audiobook of Calamity by Brandon Sanderson!
- May 2016: The Raven King! Omggg I’m not ready for this to end! (I actually finished over the weekend! Now I’m reading Love, Lies and Spies and The Passion of Dolssa)
What Is Something You’re Really Looking Forward To?
- Feb/March 2016: BEA 2016!
- May 2016: Still BEA but it’s ALMOST HERE NOW. Hopefully planning a vacation in the summer or a few quick weekend trips! We’ve been talking about maybe jetting up to Minneapolis for a weekend and taking a quick little vacation. Also really looking forward to the Fierce Reads event on 5/6 and Sarah J. Maas on 5/14!!
What Is One Thing That’s Worrying You?
- Feb/March 2016: Health, new businesses, finding time to clean the house and do everything
- May 2016: Oh gosh, still all of those. Still working on finding time to clean the house!! We just have to get better at doing things right away instead of doing the fun things first. Health issues/concerns are totally the worst thing ever but I think our lives are finally starting to get a little bit back to normal. Now I need to worry about getting the house clean before Alyssa and Amy are here next week for BEA!!! (It’s a disaster haha!)
What Is Something That You Always Have With You?
- Feb/March 2016: Phone, a book, purse, lotion
- May 2016: Ummm the same? My purse pretty much holds all of my essentials! I truly never go anywhere without a book though. Even if I only have my phone, I always have my Kindle app and audiobooks loaded on there!!
What Is Something That You Wish You Could Change?
- Feb/March 2016: Easier aspects in our jobs, cold weather!
- May 2016: The job things have kind of resolved themselves so that was wonderful! I mean things could always change moving forward but one problem at a time, right? 😉 And bye bye cold weather! It’s a little chilly today but we’ve had a couple days of 70s and 80s!
So that probably wasn’t the most exciting time capsule but I will share a little time capsule gem of my own… some old blog graphics! It’s embarrassing and yet fun to see how much they’ve changed over the years!