Okay friends, it’s time to check in on my progress for Series Catch-Up 2012! If you don’t know what this event is all about, you can find the details HERE.
Here were my original goals for Series Catch-Up 2012 and what I’ve gotten done so far:
- Read Fire (Graceling #2) and Bitterblue (Graceling #3) by Kristin Cashore – Nothing yet 🙁
- Read Spirit Bound (VA #5) and Last Sacrifice (#6) by Richelle Mead – Read Spirit Bound! (1)
- Read The Kill Order by James Dashner – Currently have in my possession, coming up next
- Currently reading Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth – Read! (2)
- Read Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie – Started but taking a break – will come back to later
- Read Messenger (The Giver #3) by Lois Lowry and maybe Son as well?? – Read Messenger! (3)
Not on my original list, but completed towards the challenge:
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead (review posted as first entry) (4)
- Plum Lucky (Stephanie Plum #13.5) by Janet Evanovich (5)
So it looks like so far I have five books down and as many more as I can read to go! I definitely want to read The Kill Order as my next series book… I actually took a quick break from the challenge to try to catch up on books I had accepted to review but was falling behind on. I had hoped to review those books in a few weeks and it’s now been a few months so I put my own challenge on hold because I felt like that wasn’t being fair to those authors!
I’m loaning my copy of Reached to Candice at The Grown-Up YA (yay!) so it’ll be out of my hands for a while. I’m totally okay with taking a break from it because I was not in the right mindset to read it and I just need to read something else right now. I may or may not finish that by the end of the year (no rush, Candice!). After that I’ll probably turn to Last Sacrifice, Fire, or Son!
I’m hoping to get at least three more books down by the end of the year but that may even be difficult due to the holidays and other books I’m catching up on/borrowing, etc. We’ll see how it goes!
Keep a look out for my mini-challenge post coming up next week where I talk about one of my favorite series!