March was a very fun month for reading! I feel like I got a bunch done (even though I had a bit of a lull in there and some books that weren’t so great) but looking back, I feel very satisfied with what I read this month! I also had a couple blog events so that was a ton of fun too!
- Number of Books Read In March: 8! I had a couple of novellas in there but hey, I’ll take it!
- Popular Search Terms: “which lunar chronicles character are you” // “books similar to if I stay” // “books like the fault in our stars” // “otsp secret sister” // “we were liars discussion questions”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “playlist de eleanor y park” (YAY espanol!) // “summary of cendrillon charles perrault” (Autocorrect at work?) // “anna and the french kiss passage when st clair spent the night” (dreamy sighhhhh)
- Most Referrals (non-social media): There Were Books Involved, Rather Be Reading, The Broke and the Bookish
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (non-internal/social media): Books Take You Places, Andi’s ABCs, Bookmark Lit
- Once again, my “Guide” to Crossover books was in the top of my stats! Hooray! This is one of my favorites.
- Shout outs for other top hits, Which Lunar Chronicles Character Are You? and The Best-Friend-Turned-Boyfriend Romance
- I had a blast with a Young Adult Meets Friends post, mashing up YA books and one of my favorite TV shows!
Other Reviews Posted
- I binge-read as much as I could of the Reckoners series by Brandon Sanderson back-to-back! I reviewed Steelheart, Mitosis, and Firefight!
- The Unremembered trilogy came to a close… and I really liked how Unchanged wrapped it up!
- I’ll Meet You There really was a special book! I finished it in one afternoon!
- My audio re-read of the Harry Potter series finally came to an end! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows wrapped it up
- I read American Gods with my OTSP gals and had a great time reading it!
- I fell out of love with the Something Strange and Deadly trilogy and was so sad about my read of Strange and Ever After
Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 3/5/15: Jessie from Jessie Reads Everything
- 3/12/15: Leah from Bookish Minion
- 3/19/15: Amanda from Beautiful Bookish Butterflies
- 3/26/15: Lauren from Bookmark Lit
Other Features & Discussions
- I posted the goals for March’s Book Blogger Organization Challenge!
- I set up a “reading road trip” when we talked about our read of American Gods by Neil Gaiman for On the Same Page
- I got to be on the blog tour for Unchanged by Jessica Brody and asked her a few questions about completing a trilogy!
- I wrote a discussion on why we as book bloggers need to cut ourselves some slack
- On March 10th, I shared my Top Ten books featuring scoundrels!
- My birthday was on the 11th! Woo hoo! I had a giveaway to celebrate (now closed)
- I did a round-up of all of the active blogger spotlight features I could find with My Latest Bookish Addiction!
- We had a bit of an Earth Day theme on Pub Date and I went as earthy as I could find!
- Somehow, someway I ended up hopping onto a lot of blogger guest posts and/or Q&A features in March (The Bloggers We Read @ The Things We Read, The ABCs @Andi’s ABCs, Inside & Out @ Bookmark Lit, Book People Talk Movies @ Bring My Books) so be sure to check those out and support those awesome ladies too!
- I shared what’s to come with April’s goals for the Book Blogger Organization Challenge!
- We had another post with On the Same Page and we all read Anna and the French Kiss! I shared read alikes with a new If You Liked… post
- March 31st brought Top Ten Tuesday again and I shared the last ten books I had added to my TBR. (ALERT ALERT CLARISSA DARLING IN HER 20s)
- No author events in March but it was my birthday! Hooray!
March’s Top Instagrams
My #otspsecretsister gift is here and I am SO EXCITED!!!! I did not own these versions yet YAY! Thank you so so much! And omg I love the theme and the mug and the macarons! IVE NEVER HAD THEM BEFORE!!!! Do I eat one now or save them all?! Wheeeeee so excited! Thank you, Secret Sister!!! #annaandthefrenchkiss #lolaandtheboynextdoor #macarons #paris #books #instabooks
A photo posted by Brittany S. (@bookaddictsguide) on
What’s in store for April?
- I’m on the blog tour for The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord (4/3) and the paperback release of This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales (4/13)!
- I’m participating in Ginger’s event, Open Letter to Your YA-Self!
- My third blogoversary is April 10th so keep your eyes peeled for a big, fun giveaway!